News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Hide name of the poster

Started by wiecher, March 29, 2011, 05:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiecher

Is it possible to posts in the last names do not show it for the guests?
I refer only to the name of the poster.
See Appendix.
Thanks.

Illori

can you explain a bit more what you want? i am not sure i understand your request as you point to an image that is not in a language i can read nor understand.

Arantor

http://arantor.org/index.php?topic=262.msg4580#msg4580

Read the rest of the thread's comments about the known bugs and the fixes for some of them, and before you ask, no I won't release an updated package, no I won't publish it on this site and no, no-one else can either.

wiecher

Quote from: Illori on March 29, 2011, 05:48:36 AM
can you explain a bit more what you want? i am not sure i understand your request as you point to an image that is not in a language i can read nor understand.

I would just like the poster does not show names.

wiecher

Is it possible to posts in the last names do not show it for the guests?
I refer only to the name of the poster.
See Appendix.
Thanks.

Arantor

-sigh- I already pointed you at a mod that would do precisely that, but hey, feel free to ignore me for a second time.

Suki

Hi wiecher,  please do not make duplicate topics about the same issue, I had merged the topics.

can you attach your Theme's BoardIndex.template.php,   a quick way to hide the username from guest is a conditional

$context['user']['is_guest'] ? '' : $poster_name
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

wiecher

I am so sorry but mi Englisch is verry bad.
Here is mi BoardIndex.template.php

Suki

Try this one, and don't worry, my English is quite bad too :P

don't forget to clean your cache to see the changes
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

wiecher

Thank you so much Miss All Sunday.
And again sorry for the troubles.

Advertisement: