News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Drupal 7 and SMF 2.x - any bridge?

Started by sdsi, March 30, 2011, 04:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Do note....   the API for SMF2 done by Andre is in MUCH better shape than the one used in that package.

Also, That package appears to be GPL (ICK!)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

becometa

That's weird that they're not interested on it.
Developers have even built a bridge for iGamingCMS(dafuq is that) and now, they indulge drupal in oblivion?

stefann, i've tested this version twice, and it's a bit buggy.
Avatars synchronization does not seem to work, session sharing also works a bit weirdly, and it's based on a RC4 custom made api.

becometa

just out of curiosity,
does this changes anything? - seems to be forgotten

XerraX

ReAliTy iS JuST a DrEAm. HaCk ThE PLaNet!

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on March 30, 2011, 11:59:59 AM
since this is a volunteer project, that dev would have to WANT to do the bridge(s)

as far as I know, SMF does not currently have any developers working on bridges....   if you know of or can find someone who is willing to program the bridge, it would be welcomed and could be placed on SMF's site for download.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

CloneVince

Hello Everybody,

I'm very interested by a bridge between Drupal and SMF.

I've alrealdy developed lots of modules for Drupal, and if the team of SMF is agree, I'm willing to program the bridge.

If someone can give the way :)

Kindred

feel free to work on it.

I suggest that you start by reading the sticky posts in this board...  the SMF API done by Andre would probably be a good place (specifically for drupal->smf). You would probably also want to look at the integration arrays to handle the connection from smf->drupal.
Слaва
Украинi

CloneVince

Thx for your answer.

I will start on it next Monday :)

GravuTrad

On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

Frank496

So - there is not hope to prepare the mod like this; isn't it?

CloneVince

I'm working on it.

But not this week, i have a family emergency

markkuj

Quote from: CloneVince on October 22, 2012, 03:40:01 AM
I'm working on it.
Thank you! Looking forward to the bridge. Please keep it simple.

GravuTrad

Quote from: Kindred on April 28, 2012, 09:11:05 AM
Do note....   the API for SMF2 done by Andre is in MUCH better shape than the one used in that package.

Also, That package appears to be GPL (ICK!)

And don't forget this for your work CloneVince. ;)

nb: Is it you here?: https://twitter.com/CloneVince
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

ericinwisconsin

I'm not sure if anyone has looked at this one:

hxxp:sites.google.com/site/edselssite/drupal [nonactive]

I'm about to set it up on a test site and run it. See how it does. Looking forward to what CloneVince has in mind, too. (Hope all is well with the family, CV.)

Finally, an SMF bridge for Drupal 7! Just in time for the immanent release of Drupal 8. :D

ms_ukyankee

Quote from: ericinwisconsin on December 04, 2012, 02:34:14 PM
I'm not sure if anyone has looked at this one:

https://sites.google.com/site/edselssite/drupal

I'm about to set it up on a test site and run it. See how it does. Looking forward to what CloneVince has in mind, too. (Hope all is well with the family, CV.)

Finally, an SMF bridge for Drupal 7! Just in time for the immanent release of Drupal 8. :D

How did it work out? This week I'm upgrading a big board SMF 1.0 to SMF 2 with D5 up to D6 and hopefully D7 if possible. Thank you for that link, if I had seen it earlier I would have tested it already.
SMF since 2004 <3

ms_ukyankee

The edselssite module is working for me so far with SMF as master. I had to modify one line in smfforum.module to replace a D6 function that is not in D7.

Line 1587:

$drupal_files_path = file_directory_path();

Change to:

$drupal_files_path = variable_get('file_' . file_default_scheme() . '_path', conf_path() . '/files');

Edited to add: This mod is really buggy and needs a lot of work.
SMF since 2004 <3

GB_Techie

Another potentially interested party here as well, but also check out:  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=493343.0 in case you can think of an alternative.
THE Lesbian guide - www.gingerbeer.co.uk

JonM

Has anything come of this?  Looking to move a Drupal 6 site to 7 and bridge to our SMF installation.
Join the Second American Revolution!
http://www.freestateproject.org [nofollow]

ms_ukyankee

Quote from: JonM on March 03, 2013, 10:00:47 AM
Has anything come of this?  Looking to move a Drupal 6 site to 7 and bridge to our SMF installation.

As far as I'm aware nothing has changed. I'm going to have a go at a rewrite myself in a couple of weeks, I need it working properly for two sites.
SMF since 2004 <3

Advertisement: