News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

PayPal Donate

Started by Matthew K., March 31, 2011, 03:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Have you viewed the helptext for that field? It explains everything in great detail.

VinnyH

Any date for when it will be ready for 2.0? All the samples of earlier installs look good so I'll wait patiently.

Thanks,
VinnyH

Matthew K.

I do believe this mod is up for grabs. I have much bigger modifications that I plan on programming rather than a tweak like this.

Ludacriss

Is there an update for this Mod? It doesn't work with 1.1.15.

Matthew K.

You really should be on 1.1.16 now, and no, I dropped 1.1x support in my last version.

SycoKill3r

Well i read through all the comments and i still  have no clue where to find the "Donate Button Value" at . I looked through the readme and found nothing pertaining to that. And when i click the on my site all i see is this http://gyazo.com/dfb3b6be34d48c25f2d91e28ded2c6f5 So i have no clue where to go and what or where the "Donate Button Value" is ?

Can some not give me attitude saying go here or there and just help me out . im frustrated since i was given the role of fixing it on our site and i have no glue where to go.

Matthew K.

More than likely something is off with your theme. Have you tried running repair_settings.php?  (What is repair_settings.php?)

Furthermore, make sure all of the modifications edits were installed: Manual Installation of Mods

SycoKill3r

ok thanks for quick reply . i did not try repair_settings.php so i will try that and it said everything installed ok . so not sure why just that one image isnt working.

And repair thing dont even exist on my server so should i have one? ill have to do it as code so you can copy the url to see what it looks like cause it says it didnt find it
http://gyazo.com/cd70f981ef97a0a5b93e5ab7de8da2d2

Mactire

Anyone pickup the code for this mod?

I tried installing on 2.02 but keep receiving errors.

Matthew K.

What errors are you receiving when installing it?

FrizzleFried

I too can not locate my Paypal Donate Button value.

I click the question mark and a box pops up that says:

QuoteYou must enter your PayPal Donate Buttons Value (13 Digits) or the block will not show up.

Where do I find my buttons value?

Under that there is a box that that says:
QuotePaypal Donate Button Value
inside the box.  The box is not clickable.

EDIT: Oh,  and this is on a stock 2.0.3 installation.

Matthew K.

There used to be an embedded image in that helptext that showed where the code was in the HTML, but I hosted it on a server and it was removed.

Matthew K.

When you create your PayPal Donate button, it returns an HTML snippet to embed on your website, it looks like this: http://prntscr.com/omt0l

The value you pull out of that is whatever is in the value attribute for "hosted_button_id" hidden input. In this case: RMESPEGWMSNWY

justjim

Is this mod compatible with SMF 2.0.3 ?

Matthew K.

Using version emulate it should be.

hawkman

So will this mod typically expected to work on Smf 2.02 and 2.0.4  I currently have 2.0.2 but need to install the upgrade to 2.0.4 and need some solution for a paypal donate button.  I already set up a Paypay business account.

Thanks,

Hawk
All that is necessary for evil to prosper is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

Matthew K.

With a quick review of the edits, it should work. When you upgrade to SMF 2.0.4, just try installing it :) If there are any errors, don't proceed, but if there aren't you're all set. Make sure to use Version Emulate set to 2.0 RC5.

Johnny English

Hey Labradoodle, I'm just about to install this mod but is there any reason why it might not be compatible with 2.0.6? The latest release notes say that it is tested with 2.0.5.

Thanks

Edit: when I try to install it, I get a message saying "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF." Any thoughts?

Colin

Welcome to SMF!

The latest release says it is tested with 2.0 RC5 which stands for Release Candidate which is different thatn 2.0.5

Try installing it by emulating versions. Not sure how? Have a look here:

How can I install a mod that doesn't work in my SMF version?

Feel free to respond if you need any further assistance.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Johnny English

Thanks Colin. I put it into 2.0.5 using Version Emulation, it showed as installed but it didn't actually appear to do anything; it still gave me the "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF" message when I told it to install, and although it now appears in the list of uploaded mod packages it doesn't appear to have actually installed.

Advertisement: