News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Email Template Editor

Started by Matthew K., March 31, 2011, 10:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shambles

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on January 12, 2012, 11:56:00 AM
...I'll have to release an update soon...I was just looking at it yesterday and gosh is it OLD ;)

Old or not, I spotted the link to your mod yesterday (as a possible workaround to a members problem) and I was curious so I installed it on my forum.

What a cracking piece of functionality you've provided! Stunning implementation too, I have to say  8)

Well done, and thanks  ;)

Matthew K.

djohns

I'm trying to install this mod (Email Template Editor); running SMF 2.0.2 w/update 1.0, and have used package installer w/o problems for a few other mods.  When I try to install Email Template Editor by uploading the zipped file from my PC, I receive the following error:

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

The zip file permissions are 0777.

When I try to install directly from SMF, I receive the error:

Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem ...

Packages & its subdirectory temp permissions are both 755.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Matthew K.

Try installing the package via the Package Manager without modifying it at all. Use Version Emulate under the "Advanced" link.

djohns

Thank you.

What version should I emulate?  I tried typing in "SMF 2.0 RC5" but I still don't get the option to install (nor with 2.02).  Please see attached screenshot.

Matthew K.

Uhh try SMF 2.0 RC4, I didn't update any of my mods for SMF 2.0 RC5.

djohns

Bingo!  That did the trick. 

I was too chicken to try the emulation before.  Thank you.

Matthew K.

Version Emulate literally can't hurt anything, it just attempts to install a mod for your version that aren't "officially" compatible with your version even though the edits may still work.

djohns

Inti31

very nice - works without any changes also for 2.0.2 - i just modified package-info.xml and added 2.0.2

if you like - find attached the german files also the translation is neccessary for Help.german(-utf8).php and Modifications.german(-utf8).php

<file name="$themedir/languages/Help.german-utf8.php">
<operation>
<search position="end"></search>
<add><![CDATA[
// Labradoodle-360; Email Template Editor
global $context, $txt, $scripturl, $settings;
$helptxt['email_template_help_global_presets'] = 'Globale Variablen sind einfache Abk&uuml;rzungen, welche in allen Email-Vorlagen verwendet werden k&ouml;nnen.<br /><br /><strong>Liste der globalen Variablen</strong><br /><div style="font-size: 6pt;">{FORUMNAME} => '. $context['forum_name']. '<br />{SCRIPTURL} => '. $scripturl. '<br />{THEMEURL} => '. $settings['theme_url']. '<br />{IMAGESURL} => '. $settings['images_url']. '<br />{DEFAULT_THEMEURL} => '. $settings['default_theme_url']. '<br />{REGARDS} => '. $txt['regards_team']. '</div><br /><em>Shortcut => Output</em>';
$helptxt['email_template_help_send_test_email'] = 'Mittels der Option des Versendens einer Testmail (nach Auswahl einer Vorlage und des Eintragens einer Email-Empf&auml;ngeradresse), l&auml;sst sich das prima testen.';
// End Labradoodle-360; Email Template Editor
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>
<file name="$themedir/languages/Help.german.php">
<operation>
<add><![CDATA[
global $context, $txt, $scripturl, $settings;
$helptxt['email_template_help_global_presets'] = 'Globale Variablen sind einfache Abk&uuml;rzungen, welche in allen Email-Vorlagen verwendet werden k&ouml;nnen.<br /><br /><strong>Liste der globalen Variablen</strong><br /><div style="font-size: 6pt;">{FORUMNAME} => '. $context['forum_name']. '<br />{SCRIPTURL} => '. $scripturl. '<br />{THEMEURL} => '. $settings['theme_url']. '<br />{IMAGESURL} => '. $settings['images_url']. '<br />{DEFAULT_THEMEURL} => '. $settings['default_theme_url']. '<br />{REGARDS} => '. $txt['regards_team']. '</div><br /><em>Shortcut => Output</em>';
$helptxt['email_template_help_send_test_email'] = 'Mittels der Option des Versendens einer Testmail (nach Auswahl einer Vorlage und des Eintragens einer Email-Empf&auml;ngeradresse), l&auml;sst sich das prima testen.';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>
<file name="$themedir/languages/Modifications.german.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<add><![CDATA[
$txt['email_template_editor'] = 'Email Vorlagen-Editor';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>
<file name="$themedir/languages/Modifications.german-utf8.php">
<operation>
<add><![CDATA[
$txt['email_template_editor'] = 'Email Vorlagen-Editor';
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

Screenshot:
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

Matthew K.

Wow, thank you very much! :) Do you mind if I contact you when I update the mod for updated strings in case I change some?

Inti31

don't hesitate to get me informed if there are updated strings

cheers inti31
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

Matthew K.

iverSUN

I specifically installed this MOD, because I wanted to edit the eMail that gets sent out on Birthday's.

I can't seem to find the Birthday email in the template. Am I blind, or, is this something that wasn't integrated into this mod? Thanks! :)

Shambles

Quote from: iverSUN on April 03, 2012, 11:15:10 AM
I can't seem to find the Birthday email in the template. Am I blind, or, is this something that wasn't integrated into this mod? Thanks! :)
Birthday salutations are not in my implementation

Matthew K.

That is actually an existing setting somewhere, I believe. Part of Calendar, maybe? I don't think it's directly a part of email templates.

Adrek

Birthday email template is in Administration Center » Mail » Settings, but you can't edit it there, or edit option is somewhere else..
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

Matthew K.

Ah right, hmm, I wonder where the strings are. O:)

Adrek

everything is in EmailTemplates.[lang].php ;)
Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

iverSUN

Advertisement: