Email Template Editor

Started by Matthew K., March 31, 2011, 10:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

I'm not sure what the point of Solo's post was in the first place. But I do believe he was referring to the fact I was saying SMF 2.1 will be out soon, as a reason for not backporting this modification to SMF 1.1, so I was explaining why SMF 2.1 has taken so long. Which is a very good thing. It's going to be a lot better with everything you're doing, and I appreciate all of the time and expertise you're putting into it.

Arantor

Well, I wouldn't really use the '2.1 is coming soon' aspect because that's not really the right aspect to look at.

1) This mod basically can't be backported because 1.x doesn't use the email template system, it was built for 2.0. So you'd have to modify every single individual place that does email sending.

2) SMF 1.1.x will soon be unsupported by us. Though that IS because of 2.1, but not because 2.1 is new as such, but because that will mean we have two active branches of SMF that are supported and maintained.

Matthew K.

Yeah, so I'm right in a sense, but maybe not as detailed as how you just put it. Sorry to all if I wasn't clear on why I wasn't backporting this. I've not written any modification for SMF 1.1.x outside of freelance work, in a very very long time.

Also I could port it back, but I'd have to rewrite everything, like you said.

Matthew K.

I'm going to be updating this modification shortly. Any requests for new features, changes, or enhancements?

Charles Waters

Hey everyone...

I have gone through and manually installed the mod in to version 2.0.8. Everything was found spot on, with no changes needed. I have verified everything 4 times now, and can not get the Email Template Editor to show on the admin page under Configuration.

Everything is spot on. The package install file and each file modified have no difference in what to find and what to add. The install.php has been installed, and the files have been copied to the right places.

What can I post to possibly assist in helping?

Thanks!

Matthew K.

Attach your ./Sources/Admin.php and ./Sources/ManageSettings.php.

Charles Waters

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on July 30, 2014, 11:38:55 AM
Attach your ./Sources/Admin.php and ./Sources/ManageSettings.php.

So I *somewhat* fixed it. I went back through and manually uninstalled it, and deleted the files it copied. I then went in to the package file and added 2.0.8, and it installed with no errors at all. Now, my only issue is that it shows no templates in the listing. And if I select any of the templates and hit create, it wants to create them as brand new templates.

So now I don't know what is wrong. Would those two files still help?

Matthew K.

No. At this point, it's successfully installed. You select a template to create a "clone" of, and create it as a brand new template, from the clone, or, the original. Go ahead and create it and then you'll be able to modify it as you wish.

Charles Waters

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on July 30, 2014, 12:04:32 PM
No. At this point, it's successfully installed. You select a template to create a "clone" of, and create it as a brand new template, from the clone, or, the original. Go ahead and create it and then you'll be able to modify it as you wish.

Okay. Just wondering, since your pictures you show have a bunch of stuff listed, I didn't know if they were supposed to list first, then you can edit them, or what. Thanks again!

Dreaming

Any update on this mod for 2.0.9?  I really don't want to do a manual install.

Matthew K.

You should be able to use version emulate. The next update will be for SMF 2.1, which will also include an update for SMF 2.0.9 most likely.

Ogmodon

MancerCorp

just wanted to let people know that I have installed it in a recent version of 2.0.10 and with initial testing all seems fine so far!

Miker1029

Quote from: MancerCorp on May 27, 2015, 12:06:55 AM
just wanted to let people know that I have installed it in a recent version of 2.0.10 and with initial testing all seems fine so far!

Hey was wondering how you installed the mod, Compatibility or manual?

Thanks

Mike

Matthew K.

Miker, try compatibility mode.

Dumke

I currently have a html email template i use for my support and other, is it possible to use it with this mod?

Matthew K.

No. As of now, this modification does not support HTML content in the emails. This is in the plans for the future if I get enough support to make a new SMF 2.1 version.

Dumke

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on November 10, 2015, 09:08:00 PM
No. As of now, this modification does not support HTML content in the emails. This is in the plans for the future if I get enough support to make a new SMF 2.1 version.

Alrighty thanks,
Appreciate the swift reply.

flamechica

I installed this mod through package manager with no errors. I was able to send a test email to myself through that function. I changed the Admin Approve email, but not the request membership email. So, then, I signed up a test user to my forum. The request membership email showed up (forum default since I did not change that one) but the Admin Approve email did not come through. Any suggestions on what is going on. I have no errors in my error log. I am running SMF 2.0.11

Matthew K.

I would go through the modifications that this mod makes and make sure that they were all installed correctly. If so, let me know.

Advertisement: