News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

change newbie for administrator

Started by klaint, April 02, 2011, 12:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaint

Hello.
As the tittle says i want to change the newbie title from administrator.
I'm struggling with this for hours and i cannot find anything.
I'm looking on membergroups but nothing.
I am using the latest rc5 version.
Thanks.

Sleezy

Rc5 is beta, and is not supposed to be used on a forum you use ever day, just for test sites, so not everything has been added.
But go to Membergroups>>Look at the bottom where it says "Newbie.. bla bla bla..>>click one>>change the title, and anything else you want to change.

But here on this forum, you have to have more then 10 post's to not be a newbie.
SMFNew Advocate for SMFNew (Dagger)

klaint

Hi.
Yes but if i change the title, p.e. put super admin then a newbie that registered will be stated as super admin!
Oh this was beta?Do we know about a full release because it's very nicely done.

Spoogs

RC5 is rather stable and used by many on production sites (including this 1). Note that 2.0 is also feature frozen.

@ klaint try this
Admin>> Configuration>> Themes and Layout>> Theme Settings
Select a theme, check the option to hide post count for grouped members (you will have to do this for all installed themes)
What will happen is all members that have been placed in a primary group will not display their post count groups.

klaint

That did it.
Thanks.
Also
What do you mean by "Note that 2.0 is also feature frozen"?

Spoogs

No new features will be added to the core, any new features would have to be mods.

klaint

Well as i see the features are fine for me but i would be looking for modifications in the future.
Thanks.

Sleezy

Rc5 is beta, have you seen the download tab lately?

Spoogs

That doesnt change what I said now does it?

Fact - RC5 is in use on many production sites including this 1.

Sleezy

Oh really: Note: As this is in development, we do not recommend running SMF 2.0 RC5 on a production site.

Arantor

Quote from: lowrida018 on April 02, 2011, 09:24:30 PM
Oh really: Note: As this is in development, we do not recommend running SMF 2.0 RC5 on a production site.

That's just as a safety line: because it's still in development, it's subject to major changes. The reality is that people use it, heavily modify it and then don't upgrade to the next release candidate, which is why there are still RC2 installs out there that are vulnerable to multiple security flaws.

Thus if you're not sure, you shouldn't run it.

Yet, I run it on multiple sites currently. This site does. Plenty of other sites do. It just becomes more of a calculated risk.

Spoogs

Still doesnt change what I said... RC5 is in use on many sites

Nonetheless, this back and forth is pointless in a thread thats solved.

Edit... Ninja'd by Arantor

Sleezy

Yes, but its used on this site because, this site is the head site of this software, and they have the versions that have fixes, that are not public to regular members.

Spoogs

For crying out loud let it go

Note this is the 2.0 support board, anyone using the 2.0 branch (you know the one you're making this bug fuss about) can get support here.
Everyone using it is also aware of the disclaimer and chose to use it anyway.

Arantor

Quote from: Spoogs on April 02, 2011, 09:39:31 PM
For crying out loud let it go

Note this is the 2.0 support board, anyone using the 2.0 branch (you know the one you're making this bug fuss about) can get support here.
Everyone using it is also aware of the disclaimer and chose to use it anyway.

+1

@lowrida, you still seem to miss the point that there are many forums running 2.0 just fine without any problems, sites even bigger than this one.

That's the thing, if people weren't using the RCs, we wouldn't know what the bugs are that need to be fixed...

Advertisement: