A bit of help

Started by Juggler, July 20, 2005, 06:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juggler

OK, So I have a very active forum which I want to keep running. There's this new SMF install so I set up a test install of 1.0.5.

Now in what order should I do the following :-

I want to import the current board into the test board and upgrade to the new Beta 3 version. I do have a few mods running on the current board though.

Now I have tried loading the current database into 1.0.5 and then upgrading. Which kinda worked but it did also import bits of the mods (Extra buttons for example) so I went into the various files to remove these but they didn't exist! HUH! It also seems to have knackered the Package manager and there's loads of blank areas in the Admin section. So should I try updating it to the Beta 3 first and then running the SQL query to import the current data? Or is there a particular extract I need to do which only pulls out the data without picking up the mods information?

I'll keep plugging away at the test forum though as it may work eventually  :P
The Blue Buzzards
Flying Scooter Display Team
#69 Squadron
www.bluebuzzards.com

Juggler

Has anybody read this? Has anyone understood my problem? If I uninstall all the mods from my current forum and then try upgrading would that be the best way of proceeding?
The Blue Buzzards
Flying Scooter Display Team
#69 Squadron
www.bluebuzzards.com

[Unknown]

Quote from: Juggler on July 20, 2005, 06:54:35 PM
Now I have tried loading the current database into 1.0.5 and then upgrading. Which kinda worked but it did also import bits of the mods (Extra buttons for example) so I went into the various files to remove these but they didn't exist! HUH! It also seems to have knackered the Package manager and there's loads of blank areas in the Admin section. So should I try updating it to the Beta 3 first and then running the SQL query to import the current data? Or is there a particular extract I need to do which only pulls out the data without picking up the mods information?

I think you did it just about right, except one crucial part:

What is repair_settings.php?

You need to "separate" the two installations by changing the paths and URLs.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: