News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

The site shows as HTML codes when logging off.

Started by desibees, April 02, 2011, 09:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desibees

Hi,

when ever i log off (from any account), the whole site turns into HTML.

Im logged in... everything normal.

I log off.... messed up xD

I refresh.... back to normal

Any solutions?

I'm the.. Help abuser

Arantor

You didn't fix all the paths, only some of them, so there are some files with desibees.com and some with www.desibees.com. Oh, and the pretty URLs mod you have sort of breaks it too.

desibees

ah gawd mate. your really smart lol.
ill try to go over my AP to fix all the paths, i fixed the 2 you told me. Anything you missed?
and what is wrong with my pretty URLS. Briefly explain please?

I'm the.. Help abuser

Arantor

You didn't fix the two I told you, I told you to fix multiple ones, the main one plus one for EACH theme you have. ;)

As for Pretty URLs, I know it's the cause of the issue but I have neither the time nor the patience to go through the code to figure out why. Search engines can pick up SMF just fine without them.

desibees

k im still getting the problem. I fixed it for each theme and the main one..... "fix the multiple ones?"

I'm the.. Help abuser

Arantor

If you look back at what I said, I said you had to edit the themes and images directory for each theme, thus multiple ones.

Assuming that's done, Pretty URLs is the other culprit since it's breaking the links.

desibees

mate, could you please help me out through TV? ill be stuck for ever

I'm the.. Help abuser

Arantor

No, I can't. It's gone 3am, and I should be going to bed. In any case, I never offer 1:1 support except via this forum (except to my paid consulting clients)

desibees

Now im in even bigger problem. I enabled SEF engine settings and obviously, my whole site isnt working now. I cant even uncheck it anymore.

I'm the.. Help abuser

Arantor

...that's described multiple times in the Pretty URLs "support and comments for this mod" thread.

desibees

huh no, not in pretty URLs. i did it in PortaMx. Portal.
Gawd. Im so...

This is what i get now: This webpage has a redirect loop

Any help on this now? :S

I'm the.. Help abuser

Spoogs

www.desibees.com/index.php?pmxsef=off
PMX sef cannot be used with pretty url's... furthermore Arantor told you there is an issue with Pretty URL's why would you enable yet another SEF, without 1st solving your existign issues?

desibees

Quote from: Spoogs on April 02, 2011, 10:18:14 PM
www.desibees.com/index.php?pmxsef=off
PMX sef cannot be used with pretty url's... furthermore Arantor told you there is an issue with Pretty URL's why would you enable yet another SEF, without 1st solving your existign issues?

because im very stupid.

QuoteIf you look back at what I said, I said you had to edit the themes and images directory for each theme, thus multiple ones.
I did all this, so pretty URS is causing the problem thats causing HTML pages?

QuoteAssuming that's done, Pretty URLs is the other culprit since it's breaking the links.
I did some research, no one else (that i can find) is having this problem.

Really gotta help me out here.

EDIT: Gawd. Its not pretty URLS. I unchecked it for 5 min and still having the prob.
Its the.... www. and without the www problem..
Could someone help me out?

I'm the.. Help abuser

Advertisement: