Need Help! Currently 2 domain sharing the same database!

Started by mnmlt, April 04, 2011, 12:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnmlt

Hi everyone, I wanted to change my domain name and retain my members / posts etc. So from what I've learnt online, I went to Cpanel and downloaded Home Directory and SQL database(Backups) .

After that I went to my new domain Cpanel and uploaded the Home Directory and SQL database and woah everything is exactly the same on the first domain! Downloaded repair_setting.php and everything went as normal.

However I notice that both domains uses the same database and database name ( which is the first domain that have all my members / topics ), whenever I do an update then both side will be updated. Even when I changed the theme, both side is affected too.

May I know if there is anyone who can help me to split this 2 domain to use different database? need to be the same database but not link together like twins!

I'm using SMF 2.0 RC 5, really need help badly!

CapadY

I'm affraid you'll have to restore one of the databases again, but just after editting the database prefix in the backup file.

Default prefix is "SMF_".  In the DB-backup change it to, for instance, "SMF2_" after that restore the DB-backup again and change the prefix in file settings.php.

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Advertisement: