News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post base permissions.

Started by Aravot, April 06, 2011, 02:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aravot

Post base permissions.

Lately spam posts have increased, we have tried everything but spams posts are increasing everyday hence request for post base permission.

Example:
Allow Signature only for users who have 10+ posts
Allow Profile fields only for users with 15+ posts

Time required between posts from the same IP '5' min for user with less than 10 post all other 1minute

Allow 'Report to moderator' only if user has 10+ post

and etc...

Thank you.

Illori

admin -> permissions -> settings enable permissions for post count based groups. this is already a default feature in smf.

Aravot

Maybe the correct term is permission base on rules because even with post base permission enabled I don't have or see option to limit modification to signature, user profile and etc.

Illori

if you enable post count based permissions and remove those permissions from the regular member groups you can make it so that until they get to a certain post count they can not edit any part of their profile.

Spoogs

Aravot

Thank you, for the suggestion I have already checked Membergroup based Signature Limits 1.0 http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2279 didn't work for me or did something wrong but will try it again.

One thing would be nice is option for 'Time required between posts' i.e. option to increase time only for newbie group.

Spoogs

If your using smf 2.0 you can use version emulate to install it
Admin>> Packages... scroll down, click advanced change 2.0 RC? to 2.0 RC4 and try again.

Aravot

Is there a way to control 'Time required between posts' setting?

Example set 5 minutes for user with 0-10 post
and
30second for user with 10+ post

Illori

you can set that overall, but not per group by default. please make each request a separate thread in the future please.

MotherBoard

It can be frustrating for legitimate users, but overall it is the right thing for your forum.

Advertisement: