News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Unable to Log in / Unable to Post Error

Started by danners, April 06, 2011, 10:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danners

Basics:
SMF RC3
hxxp://forums.bloodrites.net/index.php (I apologize ahead of time for the external links. I replaced the 'tt' with 'xx')

Mods Installed:

• SimplePortal 2.3.2
  • SubAccounts Mod 1.0.0
  • Additional Polls 1.2
  • Ajax Chat by hxxp:blueimp.net [nonactive]
  • Boilerplates for posts 2.0.3
  • Profile Comments 2.0.1
  • Remove Reply Prefix 1.0
  • Copyright & Footer Links | S-Ace 3.1
  • Order Custom Profile Fields 1.1
  • Add Favicon.ico Support 1.101
  • Countdown BBCode 1.3
  • httpBL 2.4
  • Spoiler Tag 0.7.2

Short description: A user (not myself) has been unable to log into the forum and when she does manage to luck her way in, she is unable to post. The log in error reads "You need to fill in a username" and the posting issue reads "An Error Has Occurred! You already submitted this post! You might have accidentally double clicked or tried to refresh." Note though that when sending a PM / Posting it does actually go through, it just shows the user an error.

Here are some screen shots of her attempts to login in:
hxxp://figments-of-fantasy.com/bloodrites/board/loginerror/FireFox%20error.png
hxxp://figments-of-fantasy.com/bloodrites/board/loginerror/gcbrerror.png
hxxp://figments-of-fantasy.com/bloodrites/board/loginerror/gcbrunerror.png
hxxp://figments-of-fantasy.com/bloodrites/board/loginerror/ie64biterror.png
hxxp://figments-of-fantasy.com/bloodrites/board/loginerror/ienon64biterror.png
hxxp://figments-of-fantasy.com/bloodrites/board/loginerror/ienon64bitunerror.png

This error occurs on all the computers in her household as well as her Ipod. As the subaccounts mod is used extensively when on our board, if this play is logged in she is also unable to switch to a subaccount. This is the error she gets when that occurs: "An Error Has Occurred! Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again."

I will try to recall now all the fixes I have tried. I have done extensive searching on the SMF forums and cannot figure it out.
- Clearing temporary variables, including cookies
- Tried changing session cookies
- Changing settings associated with the cookies (I cannot recall all tried changes)

Recently I had her log into our Ajax chat hxxp://forums.bloodrites.net/chat/ and she could log in there.

I am at a loss. I can log into her account, her friends can as well with no issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for all the help.

redone

First of all update your forum to the current 2.0 rc5 release. From what you have said it would appear to be an issue with her internet connection at her end. If everyone else can log in - including yourself so does not appear to be an SMF issue.

Maybe a firewall or Internet connectivity problem on her end.

~RedOne

danners

I was worried it was on her end. Though it is not an SMF problem does anyone have an idea where I can start looking for potential ways to assist her? I am at a loss as to what the problem could be and as she is an active member I would like to help her find a solution.

Advertisement: