News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Not Acceptable!

Started by dembow, April 07, 2011, 01:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dembow

hi i've looked around and didn't find any topic that could help me with this

so suddenly today my forum started giving errors on certain topics only, when replying:

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
[/i]

anybody know what's wrong?

redone

Have you run What is repair_settings.php??  to make sure all your paths are correct?

Other than that, explore issues with mod_security. Having problems with mod_security

~RedOne

MrPhil

"Not Acceptable" is also known as a 406 error. You might try searching for that. As previously indicated, most often it has something to do with "mod security". Sometimes it has to do with the browser's language configuration. Ignore the bit about "404 Not Found error" -- that's just a stupid Apache server flaw.

dembow

Quote from: RedOne on April 07, 2011, 12:48:34 PM
Have you run What is repair_settings.php??  to make sure all your paths are correct?

Other than that, explore issues with mod_security. Having problems with mod_security

~RedOne

thanks! on the topic i was having problems yesterday i could post today, weird, could it be a host problem?

i'll uddate my .htaccess file with the mod_security code just in case and if i have problems (if my host doesn't allow this) i'll revert it to it's previous state  :)

Quote from: MrPhil on April 07, 2011, 10:06:12 PM
"Not Acceptable" is also known as a 406 error. You might try searching for that. As previously indicated, most often it has something to do with "mod security". Sometimes it has to do with the browser's language configuration. Ignore the bit about "404 Not Found error" -- that's just a stupid Apache server flaw.

thanks for the info  ;)

dembow

ok so i updated my .htaccess file and i see/access my forum just fine, let's see if that helps if it even was that

thanks for your help redone and mrphil 

Advertisement: