Error 500 - Internal server error

Started by alsgal, April 07, 2011, 06:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsgal

Help - I am getting an Error 500 when trying to access my site. Have I broken it??

I have an SMF2rc5 running on my site and was busy changing settings on a mod (Simple Portal) when this happened.

What can I do to sort this out??

PS - I am a complete noob at all of this so please guide me accordingly  ;D

Thanks in advance

redone

Can you access any of your site? Post a link to your site that might help.

~RedOne

alsgal

website is hxxp:www.expatnetwork-ksa.com [nonactive]

I can see the folders and file listings if I go through FTp or webspace explorer on 1&1 control panel but that is about it :(

Illori

have you asked your host to look into the issue? when was your forum last working fine? have you checked your file modified dates to make sure no one has touched your files since you last did?

alsgal

No I havent yet contacted 1&1 as I thought it could have been one of the mods I installed.  I had just saved some changes on Simple Portal mod when this happened so thought that maybe I had done something wrong.

Should I contact 1&1 or just delete all and restart from fresh (which I don't really want to do as I spent quite some time setting things up)  :'(

Illori

i would contact your host first and see what they say. worst comes to worst you will have to try reinstalling your files and nothing but mods and file changes will be lost.

alsgal

Ok sent them a message on support centre so will see if they can do anything.

If that does not sort it out what would be the easiest way to reinstall so that I dont lose too much??

PS - thanks so much for your help   ;)

Illori

download the large upgrade package for the version you have installed, upload all files to your server and you should be good to go with a fresh set of files.

desibees

I had this problem last time.
The host is the problem.
It happens with "free" hosts usually.

I'm the.. Help abuser

redone

Quote from: desibees on April 07, 2011, 04:38:57 PM
I had this problem last time.
The host is the problem.
It happens with "free" hosts usually.
I agree to some extent, except the poster said they are using 1and1 which is a paid hosting provider.

~RedOne

alsgal

Thanks for the help ev1  ;D

I have reinstalled and everything is now back to normal.

I will mark the topic as resolved

Advertisement: