Admin Loop

Started by happyb8888, July 21, 2005, 06:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

happyb8888

Okay.  My database was recently moved by my ISP to a new server.  I now have all the new server info.  When I go to my forum and click on Admin, it sends me back to my original screen.  I can't get into my admin section to change the server info.  What must I do??
That Happy Chica,
Marcia Ellen

xenovanis

Run repair_settings.php. Use all recommended options and click all blue links to correct the paths.

What is repair_settings.php?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

happyb8888

Okay.  I can get into the admin center again.  Thank you.  Now it won't accept my theme setting.  It will only use the default.
That Happy Chica,
Marcia Ellen

xenovanis

You'll have to change all themesettings for your customthemes manually. Look at the default theme settings and use those, you only need to change the /default at the end to the directoryname your custom theme is using.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

happyb8888

Okay... the URL settings are easy.

I don't think my Sources Directory(s) are correct.  What should they look like??
That Happy Chica,
Marcia Ellen

xenovanis

Quote from: happyb8888 on July 21, 2005, 08:39:29 PM
Okay... the URL settings are easy.

I don't think my Sources Directory(s) are correct.  What should they look like??

What do you mean by Sources Directory? Are we still talking about your custom themes?

happyb8888

Okay, yes.  Here's what's happening.  My theme works to some degree.  I have three images that aren't showing up but I think I can correct that, if I can figure out what they should be.  but I get this message at the top of each page:

The default theme's directory is wrong, please correct it by clicking this text.
That Happy Chica,
Marcia Ellen

xenovanis

happyb8888

Yes... it sends me to the theme's setting admin board.  But I'm not using the default directory.  Here are my board settings:

Theme Settings - marcias

This theme's name:  marcias
This theme's URL:   http://www.ardeon.org/forum/Themes/marcias
This theme's images URL:   http://www.ardeon.org/forum/Themes/marcias/images
This theme's directory:   marcias
That Happy Chica,
Marcia Ellen

xenovanis

This theme's directory:   marcias

That's not good. It should be an absloute path, something like home/ardeon/public_html/forum/Themes/marcias

You can check your absolute path in Admin -> Edit Server Settings -> SMF-directory

Copy this to where it asks for the directory of your theme, add /Themes/marcias after it and it should work.

happyb8888

Okay... that's the problem I think.  I think the path here is the wrong one.  It's to the old server before my ISP changed it.  I'll have to call them again I guess.

I'll let you know.
That Happy Chica,
Marcia Ellen

xenovanis

Your path to your forum was corrected already when you used repair_settings.php. You only need to change your themes path.

Go to Admin - Edit Server Settings and copy the path you'll find there under SMF Directory to Themes -> Theme and Layout Settings -> marcias -> This theme's directory

Next, add /Themes/marcias after it and it should work.

happyb8888

This is driving me nutz.  Now it won't accept my login, and tells me I have an illeagl copy of SMF!!
That Happy Chica,
Marcia Ellen

xenovanis

Run repair_settings again.

happyb8888

It's like it wants to use the path to the old server and won't accept the path to the new one.
That Happy Chica,
Marcia Ellen

happyb8888

Ok.. I ran it again.  I got everything back but it still thinks I'm illeagl.  And if I try to go into the admin page it's blank.
That Happy Chica,
Marcia Ellen

xenovanis

Can you make me an admin account and PM me the logindetails? If you can't access your admin center, can you PM the details on your account?

[Unknown]

If you want to change which theme is used for guests and members by defualt, do not edit the default theme's URLs and paths.  Instead, select it in the administration panel as the default theme.

The theme with the name "default" must always be there, and must always have the paths and URLs for it set properly.

-[Unknown]

happyb8888

I can't get into admin myself, but I emailed you my info.  If you need anything else, ask.
That Happy Chica,
Marcia Ellen

[Unknown]

You mean, it's still not working?  It seems fine to me now.  I tweaked some things for you.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: