News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Method in Manual for Deleting Posts does not seem to work

Started by bchick1, April 11, 2011, 09:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bchick1

Hello,
I am using 2.0 RC3  and cannot seem to find the method for deleting posts. The manual says to choose  'checkboxes'  for 'fast moderation' in my profile (I am using 'global Moderator' permissions).

I DO get the checkboxes on the right side now when viewing the posts but the function is for 'Mark as Read' and not 'Delete'

What am I doing wrong ???

thanks.
B.A.C.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

There should be a drop down list just before that big button which says "Mark Read". Choose the option to delete from that drop down and it should let you delete the content.

bchick1

Thanks for the reply. ...

I have no dropdown.  What I have on the top upper right of the post listings are three buttons:  [New Topic], [Notify]. and [Mark Read]. These are just 'buttons;.

At the bottom-right, I have the same buttons.

I am logged in as the 'Global Moderator' [admin] and seem to have access to do everything.

Thanks, B.

Illori

are you global moderator, or are you admin? those are 2 separate groups. if you are global moderator and not admin, I would suggest you contact your admin and make sure the permissions are set correctly for the global moderator so you can do the things you want to do.

SlammedDime

See screenshot...  once you check some boxes, a Remove Selected button appears with a count of the number of checked posts...

SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: Illori on April 12, 2011, 11:19:57 AM
are you global moderator, or are you admin? those are 2 separate groups. if you are global moderator and not admin, I would suggest you contact your admin and make sure the permissions are set correctly for the global moderator so you can do the things you want to do.
If the person is primary global moderator and secondary admin, the person will still have all the permissions.

If the person is only global moderator, then there are chances that the person is not assigned the "Moderate Board" permission.

bchick1

Thanks to all for responding ..

I am the 'Global Moderator' AND the 'Admin'. I simply do not usually log in on the 'Admin' account. So I will try that. That permissions issue sounds like where I need to look.

B.A.C.

bchick1

All,
When I checked the permissions for the 'Global Moderator', the system says that the '.... is an administrator and has all possible permissions'

Now, insofar as groups go, the 'Global Moderator' is in the 'Global Moderator' group  .... NOT the 'Administrators' group. The REAL 'Admin' account IS in the 'Administrator' group.

This does not seem right   :-\

Also, I cannot find the &%^ page anymore that allows the 'quick moderation...' >:( option anymore. It seems to have disappeared as i have looked under all the administrator pages.

This is all very frustrating  >:(as I have thousands of spam entries I need to get rid of. I have since secured the registration process but need to get rid of the entries.

BTW, I DID delete the offending users and checked option to remove posts but the system did not ..  :(

SlammedDime

The Quick Moderation option is in the 'Look and Layout' section of your profile.

Are you trying to delete individual *posts* or *topics*?  Can you post a screenshot of where you are having the problem?  Are you using the default Curve theme?  If not, have you tried?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

bchick1

I am using the default theme and have not added any 'custom mods' to the install.
I HAVE been able to delete what I had to yesterday via the deletion by post age <?> feature. I have not been able to do it via the checkbox method.
For the moment at least I am out of the woods as to deleting the Spam and have secured the site using the verification methods. Hopefully, this will keep out the spam bots etc.

B.

Advertisement: