News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

NChat - No SQL Save BW shoutbox

Started by nvcnvn, April 13, 2011, 11:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel612

Quote from: planetxtownhall on March 27, 2012, 03:00:55 PM
My users never got interested in this app and I am trying to remove it from my system.  It is a nightmare to uninstall.  Am I stuck with this thing forever?

generally all you need to do is run the uninstall/then delete through the package manager to uninstall  a mod

I also go to the server fiels and manually remove the files too that go to a mod. If you look at the install.xml file in the zip you will see what files were edited to manually make sure they were removed too.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Illuminatus

Hi. Thanks for this mod.

Which files do I edit to make the whole thing smaller?

Also, is there any way I can move the chat to a different position? I would like it half the width and put alongside a leaderboard ad which is served from an ad manager. This is to make better use of the space.

Thanks! :)

Carol_i28

I have smf 2.0.2 I tried to install this but it never showed up after installation.

I have ajaxchat, but not impressed with it.

Should I have uninstalled ajaxchat first?

Saahilk2000

It installed and working fine but i really wish i could disable that time thing and X thing that every message starts with ... anyone knws how to do that?

Mstcool

Saahilk2000

what is the default time for it? i by chance removed it from the modification settings, now it just shows xx in the chat box and i dunno which format it uses.

Can someone please look up their settings menu and tell ?

Carol_i28

Uninstalled ajax, but still not showing up

I get this error message

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare nchatsettings() (previously declared in /hermes/waloraweb005/b1574/moo.universalfriendsus/smf/Sources/ManageSettings.php:2066) in /hermes/waloraweb005/b1574/moo.universalfriendsus/smf/Sources/ManageSettings.php on line 2176

Saahilk2000

can somone pls look into their NChat and let me know what the default time format on this mod is?

Saahilk2000

Does it sometimes become unavailable too? Server down or something? It suddenly stopped working and for last 2 hrs.

THE BRA1N

No one knows?

Quote from: THE BRA1N on March 25, 2012, 05:22:15 PM
Does this mod have an ignore feature for users? If so, how do you activate it?

Also, if someone can tell me where the coding for the color of the chat user name and time is located, Id appreciate it

For future development, it would be great if each user could turn the sound off and on according to their preference.

Misa95

Mute List Manager didn't work. Can anybody help me? Please send me PM who now how to fix it?! Thanks.

Saahilk2000

Quote from: Saahilk2000 on April 03, 2012, 02:35:39 AM
Does it sometimes become unavailable too? Server down or something? It suddenly stopped working and for last 2 hrs.

Same problem again today ... just a blank white window for last few hrs ... no chat messages outgoing on incoming ...

uecwmike

@Saahilk2000: Same thing just happened to me. I have two sites that run the NChat, one is working and the other isn't, its really weird. So I think that may rule out a server issue or something of the sort. So if anyone knows how this could be fixed or whatever, it would be great, I tried to delete it from packages etc and got this error;

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/xwfmike/public_html/efeds.net/forums/NChat/NChatBoardIndex.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/xwfmike/public_html/efeds.net/forums/Sources/Load.php(2239) : eval()'d code on line 291

I put everything back together and it was fine, but the white box is that, just a white box. I'm sure I screwed it up myself in my case, so if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. Thanks!

Saahilk2000

Quote from: uecwmike on April 13, 2012, 12:24:19 AM
@Saahilk2000: Same thing just happened to me. I have two sites that run the NChat, one is working and the other isn't, its really weird. So I think that may rule out a server issue or something of the sort. So if anyone knows how this could be fixed or whatever, it would be great, I tried to delete it from packages etc and got this error;

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/xwfmike/public_html/efeds.net/forums/NChat/NChatBoardIndex.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/xwfmike/public_html/efeds.net/forums/Sources/Load.php(2239) : eval()'d code on line 291

I put everything back together and it was fine, but the white box is that, just a white box. I'm sure I screwed it up myself in my case, so if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. Thanks!

Yeah its really weird .... last time it went off, it came back up after a couple of hours so i was under the impression that its a chat server issue ... but i guess that isnt really the case.

You know of any other chat mods that runs on a 3rd party chat sever and dont eat up the bandwidth?

uecwmike

No, I tried them all but the NChat is by far the best IMO. I would just try and wait and see what happens, who knows maybe in a few hours it will work. I have no clue why yours is doing it, I think my issue is with the error, but who knows lol

Saahilk2000

Quote from: uecwmike on April 13, 2012, 12:32:21 AM
No, I tried them all but the NChat is by far the best IMO. I would just try and wait and see what happens, who knows maybe in a few hours it will work. I have no clue why yours is doing it, I think my issue is with the error, but who knows lol

Yeah i hav no idea either ... its the 2nd time it happened ... one minute it was working and in another it was all blank ....

Saahilk2000

Quote from: uecwmike on April 13, 2012, 12:32:21 AM

Ok the weirdest thing just happened .... there is a "Clean All" button on the chat window ... i pressed it once and voila, it came right back up

TFroehlichIII

I cannot get this mod to work with my 2.0.2 smf version. When I install everything goes great, but there is no chat window or anything after the install.... Help?

Robert.

Have you enabled NChat? What theme are you using?

TFroehlichIII

Quote from: 医生唱片骑师 on April 14, 2012, 09:22:01 AM
Have you enabled NChat? What theme are you using?

I am using the Chemical Theme. And just to make sure, it redirects you to the settings page, which would have the enable on that page, or somewhere else?

Advertisement: