News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

NChat - No SQL Save BW shoutbox

Started by nvcnvn, April 13, 2011, 11:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvcnvn

Quote from: xrunner on May 02, 2011, 09:46:26 AM
The functions of the Italic button and Underline buttons are reversed - the Italic button causes underlined text, and the Underline button causes Italic text.  :P

Stupid misstake :D I will fix it soon!
Where do I change the color of the control button text (disable guest, clean, add smileys)? Now it's' white and I can barely read it.
You can do it by some css. add your css in your heaader or your index.css
Where do I set the refresh time of the chat box - I don't want it to refresh too often because my host might not like it!
Open the NChatSetting.php, you will find "time";i:3; change it to "time";i:5; gor 5 second for example.

When I click the Add Smileys button the smileys appear, but when I click the button again they do not disappear.
Have you try do the same with SMF editor or any orther forum editor....what if the user want :) :) :) triple icon? Well, you may do this by some javascript, maybe I will help you some other time.
How can I add the chat box to the unread replies screen also?
Sorry for my bad english, but I don't under stand what is your means.
After installing the Chat, I cannot use Home and End keys to move up and down the forum page. Before I could hit Home and it would go to the top of the forum, and End would move to the bottom of the forum.
this function still work fine for me, did you remember to click on the forum area? you will be unable to use Home or End key when the poointer in the replie text box

About the $txt['NChat_blod'] you can just forget it. Yup, its my bad english error but it will not hurt any forum function ;)

Thanks for you comment!

Quote from: duckydan69 on May 02, 2011, 07:04:07 PM
Is there any way to have this on every page in the forum (i.e. if I click on "General Chat" it stays up top) and not just the main page?

instead of edit the BoardIndex.template.php you edit the index.template.php as the same way.

Sory beacuse i do not help you but now I'm to busy, I just have enought time to replies :D maybe in the next two months there will be the next version which more flexible

xrunner

Thank you for your work on this mod - I have it running on my forum. Please continue to improve it in the time you have available.

Thank you.

Xarcell

yes, this mod seems interested. Looking forward to future development.

xrunner

Quote from: duckydan69 on May 02, 2011, 07:04:07 PM
Is there any way to have this on every page in the forum (i.e. if I click on "General Chat" it stays up top) and not just the main page?

That's what I'm trying to figure out.

I've placed

//NChat Mod
//You can move this line to somewhere that you hope to see the chatbox
require_once($boarddir."/NChat/NChatBoardIndex.php");

After this -

// The main content should go here.

echo '

<div id="content_section"><div class="frame">
<div id="main_content_section">';

// Custom banners and shoutboxes should be placed here, before the linktree.

and everywhere else I can think of in index.template.php and the chat box never shows up. Where in the file is the code supposed to go?

nvcnvn

@xrunner: you forgot something so the shoutbox does not show. Here is the step for showing the shoutbox before the link tree default themes:

1. in the function template_body_above()
{

add
global $boarddir, $boardurl;

2 Find:
   theme_linktree();
replace with:
   //NChat Mod
   //You can move this line to somewhere that you hope to see the chatbox

require_once($boarddir."/NChat/NChatBoardIndex.php");
   theme_linktree();

xrunner

roughkut

Love the mod! Very simple.

But, on my themes it shows a black border around the chat box. Doesn't show the border on the default theme. It's not a HUGE deal but it looks bad. Anyway to edit the border out?  8)

nvcnvn

Quote from: roughkut on May 04, 2011, 01:37:47 PM
Love the mod! Very simple.

But, on my themes it shows a black border around the chat box. Doesn't show the border on the default theme. It's not a HUGE deal but it looks bad. Anyway to edit the border out?  8)

Did you now anything about html and css. If yes you can edit the border by adding some css in to the div tag...
I'm very bad as designing, when I erite the mod I wonder that shuold I do anything ... like a frame around the shoutbox, but i say no because i think it never suit for all the theme :D

roughkut

Appreciate the reply, I tried to change the CSS from border-style: solid; to border-style: none;

I tried, dotted, thin, etc, etc, etc. Nothing seems to affect the border at all? Anyone know more about CSS that knows how to change it?

roughkut

Seems the border only shows up on firefox of all places. So maybe I'm doing the CSS wrong?

I'd also like to be able to float the text input box to the right of the coding boxes and make it smaller to make the shout a bit more compact. But nothing I'm doing seems to be affecting anything lol.

Anyone good with CSS?

roughkut

lol, I figured it out.

I put a couple of &nbsp next to the text box, changed the width to 50% and added a float left to the div container that starts the html code boxes.

It goes back to normal when you select smilies, but hey.. can't have it all.

Oh yeah, I had to add a br clear=left right after the text box or the whole forum below will float too. If this helps anyone.

roughkut

I tried to show the chat on all pages using your instructions. I cannot figure it out.

Does this work by editing the default theme? Or do you edit each theme? I tried both, it won't show up.

xrunner

Quote from: roughkut on May 07, 2011, 07:15:47 PM
Does this work by editing the default theme? Or do you edit each theme? I tried both, it won't show up.

I tried editing index.template.php in the default theme first and it didn't work. I was using a custom theme though, and when I edited the index.template.php file in the custom theme directory it appeared on all the pages. make sure you put in the new variables too - $boarddir, $boardurl;

roughkut

Quote from: xrunner on May 07, 2011, 07:53:58 PM
Quote from: roughkut on May 07, 2011, 07:15:47 PM

I tried editing index.template.php in the default theme first and it didn't work. I was using a custom theme though, and when I edited the index.template.php file in the custom theme directory it appeared on all the pages. make sure you put in the new variables too - $boarddir, $boardurl;

Can I have a quick example of what you mean with the variables? I don't see this in the thread.

xrunner

Quote from: roughkut on May 07, 2011, 07:56:38 PM
Can I have a quick example of what you mean with the variables? I don't see this in the thread.

What you need to do is in this post by the Mod author -

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=429695.msg3034990#msg3034990

roughkut

Ok thanks bud! Works fine, must have missed this part. lol

Did we ever figure out how to get moderators working?

roughkut

Just wondering. Is there any chance of playing a small sound wav or flash when people post? I kinda miss that.

nvcnvn

Quote from: roughkut on May 07, 2011, 09:54:43 PM
Just wondering. Is there any chance of playing a small sound wav or flash when people post? I kinda miss that.
So....what people? You or someone else?
You just can do the thing (the sound when post) just for your seft - and there is no way for your freind! :))

roughkut

IS there any way to use a submit button? Because it's not possible to chat from the PS3 browser. Enter brings up the ps3 on screen keyboard even with a keyboard plugged in.

nvcnvn

Quote from: roughkut on May 09, 2011, 12:38:03 AM
IS there any way to use a submit button? Because it's not possible to chat from the PS3 browser. Enter brings up the ps3 on screen keyboard even with a keyboard plugged in.

Just add:
<input type="button" value="Submit" onclick="NChat_sender(); return false;" />
affter the text feild.

Advertisement: