News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

NChat - No SQL Save BW shoutbox

Started by nvcnvn, April 13, 2011, 11:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Could be theme related, could be JavaScript related, all kinds of reasons.

Jade Elizabeth

Yeah but I even paid someone and he couldn't figure it out either.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Gwenwyfar

You have any test accounts there? Odd that its only after login though, could easily be related to something in php/template itself.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Jade Elizabeth

When we fix it via firebug or chrome dev thingie it works, but when the changes are implemented it doesn't work. Will PM you test account details :).
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Gwenwyfar

Yeah, looks like one more of those chrome bugs. Came across some similar ones on some other site I was making, same behavior of keeping the fix after a refresh as well :P

What did you try though? What I found was to add the position:

#nchat_admin_shoutbox {
position: static; }

Edit: Seems like its just the background staying on top of the chat, if the above doesn't work maybe trying to force it to stay on top by giving it a z-index will. (Still need to give it a position value for z-index to work though, it can be relative)

Jade Elizabeth

Nup, worked the first time it was changed but refreshing again killed it. z-index doesn't work either.

Gwenwyfar

With changes directly to css right? (Yeah, some of these bugs act differently on both :P Just unticking and ticking back the background also solves this one, its just not working as it should)

Try removing the overflow:hidden here then:

.brscatinsides {
width: 100%;
/* overflow: hidden; */

This is odd, when I copied I saw it should not be getting to the browser, but chrome seems to be ignoring the comment there. Since it is a bug anyways, its worth a try.

Arantor

Don't forget this stuff tends to be cached ;)

Gwenwyfar

Its hard to find those, chrome "fixes" the bug on pretty much anything you change since it updates the page and loads properly then. But just to confirm, what did you use for z-index?

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: Fortytwo on January 02, 2015, 01:04:39 PM
With changes directly to css right? (Yeah, some of these bugs act differently on both :P Just unticking and ticking back the background also solves this one, its just not working as it should)

Try removing the overflow:hidden here then:

.brscatinsides {
width: 100%;
/* overflow: hidden; */

This is odd, when I copied I saw it should not be getting to the browser, but chrome seems to be ignoring the comment there. Since it is a bug anyways, its worth a try.

Already done that, it was suggested in the stack exchange. I've also edited the js about 40 times. It's alright, soon it wont even be there ha ha.

Gwenwyfar

I don't think it has to do with JS, its just a classical chrome bug (get those all the time while making sites... :P Firefox almost never has these issues, bah)

I think if you remove that block inside the chat that has the background it won't bug anymore. Then just leave the main div for that part have the background, better way to do that as well.

QuoteIt's alright, soon it wont even be there ha ha.
Removing the chat/changing to another one?

Jade Elizabeth

I believe someone said it's still an issue on Opera, Safari, and Firefox so it's not chrome specific.

I'll be upgrading to 2.1 and I don't really intend on having one after that! :D

Gwenwyfar

It was displaying fine on FF for me.

Ahh. I'll take a while to upgrade, as I'll only do so when I have all of the same modifications I have on 2.x now ready on the moment of the upgrade. And a big part of them are manual changes I made or mods that were manually installed or modified :P

Jade Elizabeth

Yeah it seems to be working now, only occasionally vanishing :D. Thank you!!! :D

galumay

My chat has no text appearing in the chat box, when i type it appears in the text bar, but when i hit save, nothing! Tried as admin and also a std user.

One thing i noticed is I have no l.txt file in the nchat folder.

HunterP

Any support on this mod, still? I would like a dropdown box (like the color dropdown) which allows the user to select different rooms.

peps1

I keep getting

The ./nchat/index.php is now unavailable! Please contact admin forum about this issue!

:o

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: peps1 on January 28, 2015, 07:01:30 AM
I keep getting

The ./nchat/index.php is now unavailable! Please contact admin forum about this issue!

:o
I'm not sure, but I think that is the error you get when you get a disconnected status, from a lag or problem on your internet, if it only happens sometimes. I might be mistaking it for another message though, they're similar, and I changed mine to be more clear :P

peps1

Quote from: Fortytwo on January 28, 2015, 08:37:23 AM
I'm not sure, but I think that is the error you get when you get a disconnected status, from a lag or problem on your internet, if it only happens sometimes. I might be mistaking it for another message though, they're similar, and I changed mine to be more clear :P

I'm getting it every 3 seconds after loading the page  :-\

margarett

If it happens right after you install the MOD, check if
a) the file exists
b) the file and folder have proper permissions

If you can't fix the issue you should probably uninstall the MOD...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: