SimpleTwitter

Started by Suki, April 20, 2011, 01:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

Do you have the "Enable permissions for post count based groups"  setting on?

On the general permissions, select all usergroups and on Advanced Options select "add permission"  and then select the simpletwitter permission on the "select a permission" list, click on set permission.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

crashmore

Yes I have that enabled and I did as you suggested and still no change.

BTW I really appreciate the trouble shooting help.

crashmore

FYI I also just had another admin login who noticed the feature I has setup and he was able to post and it went right to twitter np.

Suki

Open Sources/SimpleTwitter.php, find:

'moved' || empty($context['SimpleTwitterPerPost']) ||

replace with

'moved' ||

try to create a new topic with a regular user account.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

crashmore

Suki

Then it was a permission issue since that variable is just an either 0 or 1,  1 means the user can post, 0 means they cannot post.

crashmore

I've figured all along it was a permissions issue I just have not been able to find where it was being blocked... I would be happy to give you a login into my admin panel through pm if you would like to take a look. I may be missing something simple but I've gone over it looking for the problem until I've nearly gone cross eyed... I cant figure out what setting or permission may be being inherited etc that could be causing it.

bigberty

Quote from: Suki on March 13, 2012, 04:25:24 PM

replace with

'moved' ||

I tried this and it worked for me too. Is it safe to leave it this way or will it break any functionallity?

Suki

It won't break anything, all that tip do is removing the permission system check, so basically, the permission system is revoked and everyone (including guest) can post new topics to twitter.

Dave123

Quote from: Suki on March 13, 2012, 04:25:24 PM

replace with

'moved' ||

here still the same, no post on twitter :-((

Suki

@Dave123 Do you use 2.0.x?  do you have set up your twitter app?  do you have cURL installed on your server?

Dave123

Quote from: Suki on March 27, 2012, 06:46:19 PM
@Dave123 Do you use 2.0.x?  do you have set up your twitter app?  do you have cURL installed on your server?

and yes i gived you al the details already.

Quote from: Dave123 on February 12, 2012, 11:20:29 AM
Quote from: Suki on February 08, 2012, 05:22:44 PM
Please attach the image here rather than using an external site full of ads.

do you have cURL installed on your server?

Does the twitter files exists in your Sources folder?  it should be a folder called twitteroauth with 2 php files inside.

Does your users have more than 1 member group?  if so, all the user member groups should be able to post things to twitter, if an user has 2 or more groups and 1 of those groups cannot post things then the mod won't connect to twitter.

The "regular user"  is also a member group.

cURL: twitter is placed on the whitelist by our provider
twitteroauth excist and got permissions
I tried as a admin en got all the permissions. Given permissions to all the members btw.

Quoteyes, php 5.2 is working bij htaccess, twitter is on the whitelist by our provider
forum was 2.0.1 en now updated to 2.0.2.
set permissions

actbus

I've had the same issue with tweets only being generated when the thread is created by an admin.

Have checked all the permissions and all are set properly.

I've edited sources/simpletwitter.php as suggested above and looks like that has solved it, but just wanted to mention that I've also had this problem, more FYI than anything else.

Otherwise, have always been very happy with your app, Suki

Suki

Yeah, the permissions might be wrong somewhere, have to check this and probably do a re-write, unfortunately I have other priorities right now.

Do note that this mod is licensed under an OS license and anyone can update the mod and provide bug fixes.

SpiritL

Hello, Suki. I have a problem with your mod.
SMF 2.0.2
Russian   UTF-8
But posts in Twitter looks like: ? ? ? ? flower ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? http://... (without blanks)
Can you help me?

Suki

Search this topic, I recall someone posted a fix for that.

Vladimir Samoilov

Quote from: SpiritL on April 28, 2012, 11:45:53 PM
Hello, Suki. I have a problem with your mod.
SMF 2.0.2
Russian   UTF-8
But posts in Twitter looks like: ? ? ? ? flower ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? http://... (without blanks)
Can you help me?

SpiritL, I solved same problem.

In file Source/SimpleTwitter.php find
$twt_message = utf8_decode($msgOptions['subject']);

and replace

$twt_message = iconv("windows-1251","UTF-8",$msgOptions['subject']);

find

$twitter = $connection->post('statuses/update', array('status' =>utf8_encode($mensaje)));

replace

$twitter = $connection->post('statuses/update', array('status' =>iconv("UTF-8", "windows-1251" ,$mensaje)));

Gà Mái

Suki, i read all 11 pages and check it all, but it not work. :(
-- I love SMF --

Suki

What exactly didn't work?

Please give as much details as possible, list all the steps you did, your SMF version and your PHP version, if you have cURL installed, etc.

NiceCarvings

Hi I like this mod!

I cannot stop i form posting my hidden boards. I think because I have pretty urls mod.

Do you have any ideas for me?

Advertisement: