Can't Upgrade from SMF 1.0 Beta5 to SMF 1.05....

Started by freebyrd116, July 22, 2005, 04:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freebyrd116

Hi Guys,

I wondered If I could get some help with this one. I have a forum setup with some slight modifications to the theme template and also I have FlashChat installed. The forum itself is SMF 1.0 Beta 5 and I wanted to get it upgrade to SMF 1.05 (For secuirity reasons).

I downloaded the upgrade package I followed the instructions on performing the upgrade, All wen't well except that now when I log into the forum I get this error...

2: Missing argument 1 for getlastposts()
/Sources/Recent.php
Line: 70

I found this post in the forums but I didn't find any specific result as to help correct the problem....

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=26080.0

What can I do to help resolve this issue? Anybody seen this?

Thanks.

-freebyrd

[Unknown]

It sounds like some of your files are still out of date.

-[Unknown]

freebyrd116

Thanks for the response. What is the best way to tackle this to get the files "up to date". I have read alot about doing and "update" vs. doing and "upgrade".

What id the difference? I believe by putting the upgrade package files into my SMF directory and running upgrade.php and have completed an "upgrade", is this correct?

BTW, When putting the files in the SMF directory I have directly "copied & Pasted" them while I am working on the server, I am no FTP'ing them.

[Unknown]

Update is only for the most recent version -> this new version.  For example, SMF 1.0 Beta 6 to SMF 1.0 Beta 6.

Since you're using a version more than one release behind SMF 1.0.5, you'll want to use the upgrade zip file, and upload all the files in it.

In my case, for example, I only have "getLastPosts" called in BoardIndex.php, and it has a parameter.  If you are getting that message, it means that, most likely, BoardIndex.php is not the correct version of the file.

But, yes, you are correct on the steps of an upgrade.

-[Unknown]

freebyrd116

So what you are saying is that when you update, you are simply "refreshing the files already there"....this is what I don't understand....by cpying all the files from the upgrade package into my SMF install directory, won't that have overwritten all my core files anyway?

Not sure what to do next. Should I upgrade with an older package before trying to upgrade with ver 1.05?

Thanks for your help.

-freebyrd

xenovanis

They should indeed overwrite the existing files, but it could be that one or more files didn't upload correctly. Try to upload the files from the upgradepackage again and run upgrade.php.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

freebyrd116

Thanks everyone for the help. But I'm still having the same trouble. Just to clear things up, I am copying the upgrade package files directly to the SMF folder on the server (not FTP) the server is located at my residence so I have access to it. It prompts to replace the existing files and folders, which I do. Still same problem.

What am I doing wrong????

Thanks again to everyone for helping on this, any ideas would be appreciated.

-freebyrd

freebyrd116

BTW. If I switch to the default YABBSE template, everything seems fine...this is just strange.

hmmmm....

[Unknown]

Quote from: freebyrd116 on July 22, 2005, 07:52:23 PM
So what you are saying is that when you update, you are simply "refreshing the files already there"....this is what I don't understand....by cpying all the files from the upgrade package into my SMF install directory, won't that have overwritten all my core files anyway?

Well, we change them between releases.

Perhaps it's from some modification to your template files, then?  Is "getLastPosts" in any of them?

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: