News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

install.php blank screen

Started by bam_29, July 22, 2005, 08:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bam_29

I uploaded all the files and chmod'd them to 777 but all I get is a blank screen. How do I even find out if my server has MYSQL or PHP support?

dtm.exe

Judging by your problem, they probably don't :-\.  I suggest you contact your host.

-Dan The Man

bam_29

Check out my phpinfo file, does this yield any clues? Thanks.

hxxp:www.american-elite.net/SMF/phpinfo.php [nonactive]

xenovanis

Try uploading all files again, it looks like some files are missing.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

[Unknown]

Unfortunately, SMF requires a more recent version of PHP.  The one your host is using is 4 years old.

However, it should have given you an error message describing the problem.  I'll have to look into that problem.

-[Unknown]

bam_29

I am now getting the install page, but errors at the top...

hxxp:www.american-elite.net/SMF/install.php?step=1 [nonactive]

Warning: Undefined variable: _SERVER in /home/elite/www/SMF/install.php on line 361

Warning: Undefined variable: _SERVER in /home/elite/www/SMF/install.php on line 364

Warning: Undefined variable: _SERVER in /home/elite/www/SMF/install.php on line 364

Warning: Undefined variable: _SERVER in /home/elite/www/SMF/install.php on line 371

[Unknown]

I'm afraid you're using a version of PHP which is too old to run SMF, as I said.  I've fixed the problem that was preventing the installer from giving a proper error message.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: