News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Forum not working

Started by ibab, April 24, 2011, 07:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ibab

I've had SMF forum up for around 4 months now and its been working just fine until now. This morning when I tried to connect to the forums, it gave me this error.
Notice: Undefined variable: boarddir in /home2/nextgenm/public_html/forum/index.php on line 57

Notice: Undefined variable: sourcedir in /home2/nextgenm/public_html/forum/index.php on line 62

Warning: require_once(QueryString.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/nextgenm/public_html/forum/index.php on line 62

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/nextgenm/public_html/forum/index.php on line 62

I don't know what this is and what can I do for it.
I tried opening the index.php file and see whats on the line 57 and 62, and it appears like it fails to open the QueryString.php and others when theres the sourcedir . 'filename', but when I change it to just 'Sources/QuerySting.php' it doesn't display the same errors, but still displays a few.

I didn't want to go and ruin the files by my edits, so I am just looking for help from here. So how can I get the forums back working? Do I need to reinstall the forums or what?

Illori

can you verify that your settings.php file has content in it? if not copy your settings_bak.php file to your settings.php file.

ibab

Both, settings.php and settings_bak.php files seems to be empty. What does this mean?

Illori

somehow they got emptied, there is a somewhat simple way to restore them if you know the information, take a look at What is repair_settings.php? and see if you can fill in the blanks, if you can not you can ask your host to restore a backup of those files, or you can if you have a backup.

ibab

I tried using it, but for some reason it doesn't do anything. Whenever I press on the save settings it just empties all the fields.
I noticed this error on top of the page though, may this be causing the settings repair tool not to work?
Some settings are not being shown because the MySQL connection information is incorrect.

Also, I forgot to mention that the SMF version I am using is SMF 2 RC5. The repair tool seems to be for SMF 1.1?

EDIT: I sent message to the provider, and they say they don't keep backups, therefore I should keep backups, but I haven't taken any backups. What can I do now?

Illori

that tool works just fine for 2.0 as well as 1.1.*. what happens if you just enter in the database connection information to start and save it?

ibab

I found out I had a backup I had made while I was still using RC4, which is pretty old, but it happens like its working somehow.
However, now I don't have those errors anymore, but new ones appear.
Warning: require_once(/home2/nextgenm/public_html/forum/SourcesQueryString.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/nextgenm/public_html/forum/index.php on line 62

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home2/nextgenm/public_html/forum/SourcesQueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/nextgenm/public_html/forum/index.php on line 62

Illori

use the repair_settings.php file linked above again, one or more of your paths does not end with a / most likely your Sources directory as the above error has SourcesQueryString.php instead of Sources/QueryString.php.

ibab

Alright, it was giving an error about a database not existing after editing those / after the paths, but then I just changed the prefix and it appears to be working.
Thank you for the help!

Advertisement: