News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Connection Problem

Started by royalman, April 25, 2011, 07:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

royalman

For some reasons my forum is throwing me some errors....it says" Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later".After many refreshes it says something like "Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator".
I'm using SMF2.0 RC5 version.

funny side is I'm able to use admin section as admin...but as a normal user I can't use the board....

Please help me out in fixing this....

royalman

is somebody there to help.......

TechTitan

Please allow some time before your question gets picked up by someone..
in the mean time search the forum if similar question has been asked before...
--:: .... ::--
Checkin' SMF from time to time

NanoSector

Tried to reupload SMF files (except for Settings.php)?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

royalman

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on April 25, 2011, 09:11:39 AM
thanks for the reply....will try to do....

CapadY

As a matter of, i think the problems are in Settings.php :)
Download repair_settings.php and run it.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

NanoSector

Quote from: capady on April 25, 2011, 10:52:55 AM

Could be, but the user is able to access the Admin panel :P
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

royalman

Quote from: capady on April 25, 2011, 10:52:55 AM

I still get the same prob even after running the file....now I'm getting this error sometimes "User 'andhrxsa_smftemp' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 1)User 'andhrxsa_smftemp' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 1)"

CapadY

Did you still try to contact your service provider ? When you have a lot of connection problems but not always, it is often a server problem.

royalman

Quote from: capady on April 26, 2011, 05:10:04 AM
Did you still try to contact your service provider ? When you have a lot of connection problems but not always, it is often a server problem.
okie will try contacting them...thanks for the reply....some times the forum gets damn slower...so this also may be a server problem or do I need to do something with the settings....

Illori

would you mind telling us who your host is? we may be able to help determine if they are an overseller or known for other issues by giving us that information.

CapadY

Normaly with database connection problems the connection parameters are wrong in settings.php or there is a problem with the server.

Because you don't have problems with the administration part I suspect problems with the server.

royalman

Quote from: Illori on April 26, 2011, 06:15:51 AM
would you mind telling us who your host is? we may be able to help determine if they are an overseller or known for other issues by giving us that information.
I'm using whois.com as host...

Illori

there is no such thing as unlimited everything as this host is trying to sell. they may be an overseller as such. i would suggest you look for a new host that does not oversell or at least sell things they can not actually provide.

royalman

Quote from: Illori on April 26, 2011, 06:44:17 AM
there is no such thing as unlimited everything as this host is trying to sell. they may be an overseller as such. i would suggest you look for a new host that does not oversell or at least sell things they can not actually provide.
I've been thinking to transfer to ipage.com....I don't know if this can work better than the present one....

Illori

i would suggest you check out the hosting board here, and pick someone from there or post in the request board. this will make sure you dont get another host like you have now that seems to have no idea how to provide decent hosting.

royalman

Quote from: Illori on April 26, 2011, 06:49:55 AM
i would suggest you check out the hosting board here, and pick someone from there or post in the request board. this will make sure you dont get another host like you have now that seems to have no idea how to provide decent hosting.
thanks for the reply..I'll post a thread for some hosting help....

Advertisement: