News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Is there a way to make sure users have a certain amount of post to....

Started by cheesee, April 25, 2011, 01:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheesee

Is there a way to make sure users have a certain amount of mosts to create a thread in boards? For example: On my website I created a board called "Promote your Website!" and I want to restrict users from creating a thread in there unless they have at least 10 posts. Can I do this or is there a mod available?

Nidjo123

Hi!
You can set a group based on number of posts and then allow that group on that board. When users reach for example 10 posts, they will automatically be added to that group. That's the easiest way.  :D
2.0 RC5

Suki

Yes, it can be done if you enable the  "by board"  permissions in your admin panel, once you enable that option you can create a set of permissions which will include only certain post based members can create new topics, then you apply that set to an specific board.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Advertisement: