Re-pointing Custom Nav Button

Started by newtoallthis, April 27, 2011, 10:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newtoallthis

When I first installed SMF, I had someone install a custom nav-button which shows on the portal and forum pages but not the login pages. Also, it doesn't show to guests. I want to change the target for the button but am unable to contact the person who installed it.

The button code can be found in Sources/Subs.php. However, there is no URL link associated with it. In Subs.php, it is named 'custom' rather than the actual name showing on the nav bar.. Would anyone like to hazard a guess as to which file contains the actual button name and target?

SMF 2.0.11
Simple Portal 2.3.3
Aeva Media 1.4c
MediaWiki 1.24.0

kat

If you show us the code for the button, we might have a chance... ;)

ARG01

A link to the site may also help.  ;)
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

newtoallthis

Okidoki.

The button code in Subs.php:-

'custom' => array(
'title' => !empty($modSettings['custom_tab_label']) ? $modSettings['custom_tab_label'] : $txt['custom_tab_label_default'],
'href' => !empty($modSettings['custom_tab_execute_url']) ? $modSettings['custom_tab_execute_url'] : $scripturl,
'show' => $user_info['is_guest'] ? !empty($modSettings['custom_tab_enable_guest_access']) : !empty($modSettings['custom_tab_enable_member_access']),
'sub_buttons' => array(
),

The displayed name of the button is 'wiki' and it displays between 'Help' & 'Search' as would be indicated by the positioning of the code in Subs.php.

Hope that helps?

The wiki files are on the same server.

SMF 2.0.11
Simple Portal 2.3.3
Aeva Media 1.4c
MediaWiki 1.24.0

newtoallthis

Resolved.

It seems that whoever installed the button used the Custom Tab mod to do this. This creates a additional setting in Admin that allows the button to be named and pointed. Sorry to trouble you.
SMF 2.0.11
Simple Portal 2.3.3
Aeva Media 1.4c
MediaWiki 1.24.0

kat

No sweat!

Worth remembering, that, too. So, thanks for letting us know what was going on, newtoallthis!

Advertisement: