Altering the Layout in a theme...

Started by Envy, July 24, 2005, 01:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Envy

So I have been playing around with the .css files and have managed to work out the colour scheme I want to copy from my phpBB forum. The problem I'm having now, is getting the right look, or layout. I've found one I like (Puzzletheme) as it puts the news under neith etc, but the table that contains the forum section is so far in from the edges. What file changes things like that?

I want to alter how the banner displays (want it top centered, not to one side), the table width's etc... I've tried playing around with the BoardIndex.template.php and index.template.php, but as I don't understand what I'm looking at really, I can't figure out which bit to change. I tried making all the, say, 95%'s say 100%, but nothing changed ><

ofcourse u require a small bit of php and html knowledge to work with theme. Or well if u are not into coding stuff ,like me,  u can simply use a graphical programe say frontpage to work ur way around. Cut the code from php file u wana edit, paste it in frontpage empty html area, switch back to norwal display n do what ever u like to do with it.

Envy

Oooh, I didn't know I could do that. I tried opening it in Frontpage and it kept opening notepad instead hehe. I will play around that way!  :D

open the php files in note pad or any other text editor. copy the code u want to edit. Then use that in frontpage. Very help full if u are a mouse lover and hate typing dozen lines of code.

Envy

I got it basically just how I want it, just tring to figure out the part at the top that shows the avatar / user info... can't get the avatar to the left (theme puts it on the right) without text covering it up... but almost there!  :-*

Advertisement: