News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Members didn't transfer

Started by tigerfaerie, July 24, 2005, 04:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerfaerie

Everything seemingly transferred find during my conversion from phpbb 2.0.17

Except members.

So I tried to get the converter file again, and it doesn't seem to like me at all or something.

I still have no members transferred.  When I tried the 'new' converter file, it did nothing, just showed me all the code of the file when I visited it via my browser (attempting to run it).  And when I go to the convert.php it doesn't show any conversion files at all.

Soooo, what am I doing wrong?  Any help is appreciated.

[old style: http://www.hogwarts-forever.com/portus
new style: http://www.hogwarts-forever.com/porta ]

[Unknown]

tigerfaerie

I've tried to download it a million times.  Apparently I'm doing that wrong.  Is there some trick to downloading it that I'm not doing?

Grudge

Should just click on it and it will work, no? Right clicking may not work though.

If you really can't download it I can email it to you if you wish.
I'm only a half geek really...

tigerfaerie

BtB, I don't know why, but the links for the files to download don't appear in firefox nor opera.

So I downloaded the file okay this morning.  Uploaded and ran it.  And it said that everything went thru okay (I didn't watch the entire process so I don't know if each individual thing went okay).

Go to the new site.

AND THERE'S NOTHING.  Nadda thing.  No members, no posts, no boards.  Just the regular fresh install......

tigerfaerie

Only way I've been able to get any transferance at all today has been to use the old converter.  Which we all know doesn't convert members.  The new converter won't transfer anything for me.  I've gotten rid of all phpbb mods and still nothing.

Is there a way to just transfer members?  Or can someone help me transfer everything since I'm apparently doing something wrong?

Much thanks.

tigerfaerie

Trying again and these are the errors I'm getting:

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): 10 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/porta/convert.php on line 649
Database query: (skipped)

INSERT INTO  `hogwarts-forever_com_-_portus`.smf_membergroups
   (groupName, minPosts)
VALUES ('phpBB Staff', '-1')

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): 10 is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/porta/convert.php on line 684
Successful.
Converting members...
Database query: (skipped)

TRUNCATE `hogwarts-forever_com_-_portus`.smf_members

And I'm seeing a few database query: (skipped)

tigerfaerie

And just got this one:

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /var/www/html/porta/convert.php on line 849

tigerfaerie

Eh, strike that.  In fact this entire thread.  I had a fault convert file.  Which I discouvered after downloading it a millionth time and uploading it to find it was much larger than the one that wasn't work.  So all is well now.   :D

Advertisement: