Stickied/locked topics, mobile themes

Started by texasman1979, April 30, 2011, 01:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texasman1979

I was wishing the ability to ignore stickied and locked topics in any type of mobile theme in the default themes of the next version. I quite frequently surf the forum from my fone, and to get a page of relatively useless topics on my fone, is cumbersome when surfing around.
SMF 2.0.4
SimplePortal 2.3.5

LOGIC is a FOUR letter word! :)

Illori

this most likely would not be a default feature, it could be a mod possibly or a per user setting, but not one for everyone, you may find a user that wants to view those types of topics.

Antechinus

I think he was suggesting it as a user option, not as a global deault. It's not a bad idea. Sticky creep is a plague that infests many boards, and it can be a nuisance even on desktop.

Such a setting would probably want to have it so that stickies were ignored unless there were new posts in the stickies, just in case the admins wanted to make an announcement or something. The other alternative would be a simple show/hide button.

I must admit that I have thought of doing something similar with the pm inboxes and outboxes too. Looking at a page of crap I've already read but don't want to delete yet is not my idea of fun when I open my inbox. ;)

texasman1979

yes i meant it as an optional setting, and there is no reason for this to be a mod, perfectly reasonable thing to be in the base addition.
SMF 2.0.4
SimplePortal 2.3.5

LOGIC is a FOUR letter word! :)

Antechinus

I bloody well like the idea actually. I'm thinking that show/hide based on unread content would be best. That way there's no need for users to screw around with anything. If they're new to the board the they see the lot. If they've already seen them then they get hidden. If a new post is made then it shows up. Easy.

Advertisement: