So proud

Started by Joshua Dickerson, March 25, 2011, 06:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua Dickerson

I just wanted to take a moment and recognize the Doc Team and Doc Helpers because they have made me so proud.

Very few people join the SMF team to join the Documentation Team. When they do, it is known that it is a stepping stone to another position (an easy way in). There are very few people that like being on the Doc Team, even in the SMF team as a whole. In the past the Doc Team has had a few very hard workers but, in my opinion, never been as strong as it is now. We recently (yesterday) grew even stronger with the addition of emanuele. The wiki has made it possible for many people to work on documentation simultaneously and made it possible to do things that the forum customization can't.

I am so proud that even though I just started a new job and haven't had a lot of time lately. Yet, the team and helpers haven't missed a beat. They recently ported all of the documentation over from the old manual and created some scripts/bots to handle any more work that needs to be done on them. They are now working on fixing up the glossary and making linked terms look nicer.

We have help from Relyana, Sleepy and the translators in figuring out how to do translations. There are several helpers and team members that have been instrumental in porting the articles. Extensions are being added and the skin is being tweaked.

Once again, I really am so proud to be "leading" this team with a great group of people!
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Masterd

That's true. Doc Team gets better every day! :D

kat

Way to go, Doc team!

Thanks from the rest of us, too! :)

Robert.

Nice to hear that team :)

Jakob Fel

I'm happy to see that our work is appreciated. :) I really have enjoyed working with you guys. :)
Freelance writer and advocate for security, privacy & DRM-free distribution
Support and Community Management at SMFNew Free Forum Hosting

Matthew K.

Congratulations Doc Team & Doc Helpers. Keep up the good work!

Joshua Dickerson

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on September 01, 2009, 03:54:46 PM
'Cause I wanted to make ONE simple improvement to one doc.
Quote from: AngelinaBelle on September 01, 2009, 07:02:17 PM
I'm not aiming for docs, either. I'm only interested in 1 (OK 3) docs.
Oh how the times have changed.
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

Norv

To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Yes. Good job to all of you.

redone

Doc's are often overlooked but are a fantastic resource. Nice work everybody involved in the doc team.

:)

~RedOne

GravuTrad

Yes! It's a really nice work and done by a real small but powerful team. Really good thanks to all. (volunteers are always welcome!)

NB: hmmm...do we already have a translation procedure? i didn't see it.
Does the translate wiki extension is correctly set now?
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

Suki

Quote from: GravuTrad on May 05, 2011, 12:58:54 PM
Yes! It's a really nice work and done by a real small but powerful team. Really good thanks to all. (volunteers are always welcome!)

NB: hmmm...do we already have a translation procedure? i didn't see it.
Does the translate wiki extension is correctly set now?

The team has been working actively on this.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

GravuTrad

"has been" still? over? it's finished, it's ok, not yet?

Thanks for advance to all the job made.
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

Suki

"has been"  as in  "still actively"  working on it.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Arantor

As in: over the recent x weeks/months, activity has been taking place on it; using the past tense to describe activity that happened in the past - whilst implying that it is still carrying on at the present time.

Eudemon

good job, doc team! ;)

Angelina Belle

Wow! I can't believe I missed Joshua's post when he first made it! What a nice post! Thanks!

Thanks to you, for taking up the post, making sure the wiki got set up, and recruited people to work on it.

Porting documents and switching them from BBC to wikitext has been a fair piece of work. Now we're working on document links, admin links to the documentation, updating some documentation in preparation for the 2.0 final release, and getting things ready for translations.  There is still plenty to be done.

Fortunately, it can all be done one little piece at a time. And the doc helpers have been awesome!
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

[email protected]

This public recognition just help to increase team's confidence and help team to keep focused on better services and products.

Well done :-)!

Regards.

Umyra

Advertisement: