News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Smf not working after migrating to new host(smf 2 rc3

Started by katb, May 08, 2011, 01:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katb

hi ,

i was running smf 2.0RC3 on my old host and they recently suspended my account . I took database backup and restore under  my new host  . I have installed smf 2.0  rc3 on new host . From admin panel i change databnase to to my old database but it is not working , please find the below url

http://thattukada.net/tk/index.php

Can someone please help me out how to fix this.Thanks in advance

Regards
Binu

CapadY

With new host there are several things to adjust again.

First open settings.php and correct the database name, database username and database password. Its nearly for sure they are different from your previous provider.

After that find "Repair_Settngs" here on the SMF-site, put it in your forum root path and run it. Mostly the biggest are solved then. What is repair_settings

By the way, the link you provided will never work, it is pointing to smf.org.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

katb

Quote from: CapadY on May 08, 2011, 04:42:17 AM
With new host there are several things to adjust again.

First open settings.php and correct the database name, database username and database password. Its nearly for sure they are different from your previous provider.

After that find "Repair_Settngs" here on the SMF-site, put it in your forum root path and run it. Mostly the biggest are solved then. What is repair_settings

By the way, the link you provided will never work, it is pointing to smf.org.

Thanks for your response .when i change back to new database url is working fine

http://thattukada.net/tk/index.php

but if i point it to old database it stop working .... i tried repair settings.php also it corrected  most of the paths and database details, but after saving i can see only blank page.

i can see lot of core files under install directory if i point old mysql database

Please advice.

CapadY

You where changing provider ?

I have never heard a provider (in your case the old provider) allows a database connection from another (your new provider) server.

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

katb

Quote from: CapadY on May 08, 2011, 12:44:06 PM
You where changing provider ?

I have never heard a provider (in your case the old provider) allows a database connection from another (your new provider) server.

database backup  i took from old provider and restore in new server . Database is on new host only ..

Illori

your forum seems to load just fine, but in maintenance mode. what is your current issue?

Advertisement: