News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Forum Crashed - SQL Database Corrupt

Started by Cheese Head, May 09, 2011, 06:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheese Head

Hi all, I run a forum with an average of 150-200 concurrent members (5000 total), its crashed using SMF 2.0 RC2 (Yep I know I should upgrade), screenshot attached.

I tried to login at work PC with admin account and it said forum SQL DB was corrupt (sorry I forgot to write down details). I just deleted my cookies at home PC hoping to login with my admin account but no change.

Also, the front website ising Word Press works fine, just the forum is shut down.

Lastly, screenshot of Cpanel status indicators attached incase helpful.

Any advice very much appreciated, especially as I not an IT expert, John.

Cheese Head

Also, when I look at the files in the forum's folder, I get 100's of files called core.10719, core.10767 etc, no idea where they come from or what they do, see attached screen shot.

Again, many thanks for advice.

Cheese Head

OK, just got off phone to my hosting company in US called HostGator.com where talked with very helpful person Chris.

HG fixed the problem which was a corrupted SQL database and said next time if happens, from Cpanel select "MySQL Databases", then under Modify Databases select the problem DB, then click on "Check DB" where he saw errors, then as problem, ran "Repair DB" function which fixed the problem.

On secondary problem of 100's of core.10719 etc files in my forum folder, he said he thought they were dumps from system crashes from bad code and deleted them after which my server space usage dropped from 34.9 GB to 6.4 GB.

Advertisement: