News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Group Moderators 1.4

Started by Dannii, July 25, 2005, 04:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannii

Anything in the error log?
Btw, there is no SMF 1.2
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Dannii

Just for everyone's information, I don't think I will be developing this any further as I'm not too interested in it anymore, and I don't have a lot of free time. I would have liked to add lots of interesting features, but realistically, I stopped after it did all I needed it to. If anyone would like to develop it, I would be happy to transfer the mod to them, and to give them SVN access etc. I would love for someone to finish making it SMF DE compatible (half of it's compatible so far), so a team member or beta tester might be needed to do that.. but if anyone would like to help that would be great.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

savantmg

Quote from: eldʌkaː on March 22, 2007, 08:19:40 PM
Anything in the error log?
Btw, there is no SMF 1.2

Sorry - 1.1.2!

savantmg

Thanks for the info - since development is questionable on this I think I found an alternative via PHPbb so I am going to try that for time being.

savantmg

I think that we found the fix thanks to Metallica48423 - thanks!

Dannii

I'm glad you were able to fix it! What was the solution if I can ask?

And honestly, there hasn't been much development on this mod for a very long time, but that's okay, it's a stable mod. I was more saying that I won't be implementing any need features that people have been asking for because I don''t have the time.

tribalost

:( and i was soo looking forward to the group able to moderate a board like in phpbb :(

ohh well... anyone knows a mod like that? or has the same function at least?.

Dannii

You can let a group moderate a board by using local board permissions.

tribalost

yeah but its kinda too complicated if you want a board each group and having lots of boards :(

Shonick

I have search over this topic, but I don't know how to use this mod. I went to the groups section.But I could not do anything there.Where is the control for this mod.?thanks

codenaught

If the mod installed successfully you should be able to go to Admin / Membergroups to assign group moderators next to the field "Group moderators." As soon as a member is a group moderator they can go click the tab in the main menu "Groups" and add members there by clicking the number in the member count.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Shonick

Quote from: akabugeyes on April 18, 2007, 08:42:59 PM
If the mod installed successfully you should be able to go to Admin / Membergroups to assign group moderators next to the field "Group moderators." As soon as a member is a group moderator they can go click the tab in the main menu "Groups" and add members there by clicking the number in the member count.

I have installed successful, but in the Admin / Membergroups , I did not see any change.

and I did not see this word"Group moderators" there?
If I was wrong , can you explan again for me.
Thank you.

Dannii

Go and edit a group, and you should see the box to add names to.

Shonick

Oh.thanks I saw it now.that is so great.
Another question.If a member want to join a group. How can they request to join.Like Vbulletin they go to their cp to choose a group and then make a request to the leader join.
Do we have that thing.

If not. Could we have something like in the next version.?

Dannii

At the moment they can't request formally, but they could always send a PM.
As I said above, I'm not going to be actively developing this mod, but aka said he was interested at one time...

codenaught

Indeed I am. :)

Such a feature will be available in SMF 2.0, however I will take a look into either writing a mod that can do this for 1.1 or adding the feature directly into this mod. The latter may be a pretty good option actually, but then maybe I will want to rename the mod to something more suitable for the added functionality. Such as "Group Moderators and Membership" or something like that.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Dannii

I had planned on renaming it to SMF Groups and adding everything Group related, but.. got lazy :P

ramiz

Hi eldʌkaː,

thanks again for this nice mod and i am using sucessfully in my forum

but in my forum i have nearly 15 to 20 groups...thus 15 to 20 group moderators are there

is there any way to get the list of all gorups moderatots...........means just wana display all the group moderators at one place  for the user's convenient

thanks in advance

Dannii

CreatorFFM

Just wanted to say thanks for this mod. It has saved me a lot of headaches and works beautifully! :D Thanks again

Advertisement: