News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

PHP Classes

Started by NanoSector, April 24, 2011, 04:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanoSector

Not really a problem, but I thought I'd post this here :)

This is a really handy site with dozens of PHP classes. From cache systems to smiley parsers.
When coding something you may consider using one of these :)

http://phpclasses.org/

You have to register to download the classes, though, but then you have the advantage of being able to receive newsletters with fun new classes :P
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Suki

For me, the best place to learn is and always will be:

php.net
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

vbgamer45

I never liked how you had to register to view files on that site surprised.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

NanoSector

@Miss All Sunday: That is a good point, but that site offers complete scripts.

@vbgamer45: After you have done it your gonna have fun with it :P
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

anil.singh

For best answers plz visit hxxp:php.net [nonactive]

NanoSector

Suki

On php.net there's also a variety of useful functions, not scripts but functions, I find it functions to be more useful than full scripts.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

KensonPlays

SlammedDime

The downfall with phpclasses is that so many scripts are licensed under GPL, which then forces you to license your own scripts as GPL if you want to make something and distribute it.  Conversely, the code snippets on php.net are licensed under the CC-BY license which makes it much easier to include in your own libraries or distributables without having to worry about what license your work falls under.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Advertisement: