News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Topic Descriptions

Started by live627, May 19, 2011, 08:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

!RFAN

i have installed " Disable Subject Change" mod

it modifies Post.template.php

<input type="text" name="subject"', $context['subject'] == '' ? '' : ' value="' . $context['subject'] . '"', ' tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" size="80" maxlength="80" class="input_text" />

change to

// Disable Subject Change Mod.
if (isset($modSettings['disableSubjectChange']))
echo '
', $modSettings['disableSubjectChange'] ? !isset($context['num_replies']) || $context['is_first_post'] || $context['subject'] == '' || $context['user']['is_admin'] ? '' : $context['subject'] . '&nbsp;' : '', '<input type="', $modSettings['disableSubjectChange'] ? !isset($context['num_replies']) || $context['is_first_post'] || $context['user']['is_admin'] ? 'text' : 'hidden' : 'text', '" name="subject"', $context['subject'] == '' ? '' : ' value="' . $context['subject'] . '"', ' tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" size="80" maxlength="80" class="input_text" />';

your mode edit the same code too.. how can i make edits for your mod if i have already installed this mod...

smartmouse

Yes, i did but it's that the matter. The problem is that it doesn't look nice to see.
I prefer topics as showed by squad in his screenshots. Is it a problem related to SMF 2.0 that put author nickname under the topic title?

ascaland

Quote from: smartmouse on May 26, 2011, 04:01:44 AM
Yes, i did but it's that the matter. The problem is that it doesn't look nice to see.
I prefer topics as showed by squad in his screenshots. Is it a problem related to SMF 2.0 that put author nickname under the topic title?

In the MessageIndex it may look nicer to you but Curve is obviously different so the description has to go somewhere? Either above or below the topic starter but thats your choice.

As for displaying it in the topic, I havnt implemented that yet. I still need to decide where I would put it.

!RFAN

Quote from: !RFAN on May 25, 2011, 10:47:14 PM
i have installed " Disable Subject Change" mod

it modifies Post.template.php

<input type="text" name="subject"', $context['subject'] == '' ? '' : ' value="' . $context['subject'] . '"', ' tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" size="80" maxlength="80" class="input_text" />

change to

echo '
', $modSettings['disableSubjectChange'] ? !isset($context['num_replies']) || $context['is_first_post'] || $context['subject'] == '' || $context['user']['is_admin'] ? '' : $context['subject'] . '&nbsp;' : '', '<input type="', $modSettings['disableSubjectChange'] ? !isset($context['num_replies']) || $context['is_first_post'] || $context['user']['is_admin'] ? 'text' : 'hidden' : 'text', '" name="subject"', $context['subject'] == '' ? '' : ' value="' . $context['subject'] . '"', ' tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" size="80" maxlength="80" class="input_text" />';

your mod edit the same code too.. how can i make edits for your mod if i have already installed this mod...

ascaland

Under that if statement all you would have to put is,
echo '<dd>
</dd>';

!RFAN

so i cannot use this mod along with Disable Subject Change mod?

ascaland

Of course you can. :)
Just apply the fix I posted above. To make it more descriptive, follow these instructions,
Code (After) Select
echo ' ', $modSettings['disableSubjectChange'] ? !isset($context['num_replies']) || $context['is_first_post'] || $context['subject'] == '' || $context['user']['is_admin'] ? '' : $context['subject'] . '&nbsp;' : '', '<input type="', $modSettings['disableSubjectChange'] ? !isset($context['num_replies']) || $context['is_first_post'] || $context['user']['is_admin'] ? 'text' : 'hidden' : 'text', '" name="subject"', $context['subject'] == '' ? '' : ' value="' . $context['subject'] . '"', ' tabindex="', $context['tabindex']++, '" size="80" maxlength="80" class="input_text" />';

Code (Add) Select
echo '<dd>
</dd>';

smartmouse

I don't have this problem when i click on "Show unread posts since last visit". The description and the border appear in the right way!
So, why they appear in the wrong way when i'm in the board index?

ascaland

Quote from: smartmouse on June 01, 2011, 06:43:39 PM

I don't have this problem when i click on "Show unread posts since last visit". The description and the border appear in the right way!
So, why they appear in the wrong way when i'm in the board index?

I dont know, it could be if your using a different theme or if the mod was modified. Can I have a link to your forum?

smartmouse

I'm using a different theme, the mod wasn't modified.
I have PMed you about the link to my forum.

Thank you.

ascaland

I looked at your index.css file and happened to notice CSS that was present in a very early release. I quickly re-uploaded the package with the modified CSS. Try downloading that and see if the chance makes a difference. :)

smartmouse

Now it looks better. Anyway i prefer to show first topic description and the post author.
Can you add an option that let users to choose where to put the topic description? It would be great!

PS: Your latest package give me an error on Recent.template.php file of Core theme.

ascaland

Yup, this is due to lame template edits. But I will post here with the change.

smartmouse

Quote from: Project Evolution on June 03, 2011, 11:45:59 AM
Yup, this is due to lame template edits. But I will post here with the change.
What kind of changes? To fix errors with Core theme or to add the option that i have requested? :D

ascaland

The option, the errors would require a manual installation.

ascaland

smartmouse, by any chance can you try this edit again?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=434678.msg3053714#msg3053714

Topic Descriptions updated for version 1.1! Included a database option for uninstallation and now descriptions are visible at the top of each topic.

helike13

Hi there!

How to remove those thin white borders above the descriptions?

I mean these:

How to change font color in the descriptions?

razors edge

Installed and working great, no errors. I would like to know how to remove the white bar as helike has shown above.

ascaland

If you guys want those lines remove, here is a quick modification in both Recent.template.php and MessageIndex.template.php,
Code (Remove) Select
<hr class="topicdesc" />

Font color is something that you would add with some nice CSS. What you could actually do (this also applies to both template where a change will be needed), you can either create a CSS class in the stylesheet or you can simply just add a style attribute. For example, I will do the latter. Its quite wasy where to find this, where you deleted the hr tags, the small tag beside it is what your editting. So basically,
Code (Replace) Select
<small>' . $topic['description'] . '</small>
Code (With) Select
<small style="color: YOURCOLOR;">' . $topic['description'] . '</small>

And simply just change YOURCOLOR.

helike13

<hr class="topicdesc" />

This code is not present in any of those 2 PHPs.

<small style="color: YOURCOLOR;">' . $topic['description'] . '</small>

This is absent, too.

Advertisement: