Custom Report Mod

Started by d3vcho, June 02, 2011, 09:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Not installed here but I'm following, exceptionally since I don't post in new topics anymore.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Joker™

Quote from: hcfwesker on October 23, 2014, 07:03:39 PM
The reason we prefer this MOd over default, is because it bypasses the email send feature.  If you do add it, hopefully it can be turned off to not get reported emails.
Nice. Will be keeping this in mind.

Quote from: hcfwesker on October 23, 2014, 07:03:39 PM
One thing that would be great, but not sure how extensive it could be ... is for mods able to handle reports, can see in the original post that it has been reported, and a button they can click to change it to "report solved" when they handle it, so other staff know it's been handled when they view it. 
So you mean a solve button in original post itself, and to be shown to mods only?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Joker™

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on October 23, 2014, 07:37:17 PM
Not installed here but I'm following, exceptionally since I don't post in new topics anymore.
Well I make sure with the new things you'll be attracted and forced to install this mod :P
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Joker™ on October 24, 2014, 09:45:50 AM
Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on October 23, 2014, 07:37:17 PM
Well I make sure with the new things you'll be attracted and forced to install this mod :P
Go for it :D *hopes it will be compatible with the other 118 or so* :P
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Joker™

Version 2.0 released

*Version 2.0*
- PHP files converted to OOP, easy code management and readability
- A separate admin interface for easy access and maintainance
- Added option to 'Send email to moderators'
- Major fix for reporting a post after last reported post was deleted
- Table cleanup if the topic containing the report is permanently deleted
- History management with the reports that are being moved to other board
- Cleaner report content
- Handling removal of topics
- Permissions fixes through out the codebase
- Tons of fixes and enhancements
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Ninja ZX-10RR

Did you actually test it? It is giving me a modification parse error in my test forum... The installation doesn't even start...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Joker™

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on November 30, 2014, 03:29:28 PM
Did you actually test it? It is giving me a modification parse error in my test forum... The installation doesn't even start...
Yup tested it a lot of times :P. There might be a conflict with some other mod, in which file are you getting the error?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Ninja ZX-10RR

For some reason 2 installer.xml show up and they both have modification parse error... Nothing else is being shown :|
The weird thing is that it doesn't install even on my test forum which is almost default... I wish it isn't the same error that I get with ForumFirewall...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Joker™

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on November 30, 2014, 09:35:01 PM
For some reason 2 installer.xml show up and they both have modification parse error... Nothing else is being shown :|
The weird thing is that it doesn't install even on my test forum which is almost default... I wish it isn't the same error that I get with ForumFirewall...
I tried with the a fresh forum and didn't came across any error.

Quote from: Joker™ on November 30, 2014, 08:49:42 PM
There might be a conflict with some other mod, in which file are you getting the error?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Joker™ on December 02, 2014, 07:59:09 AM
There might be a conflict with some other mod, in which file are you getting the error?
Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on November 30, 2014, 09:35:01 PM
>_< unfortunately I don't have a single more information other than that. If you want I can PM you the details of my test forum and you can check it out yourself (you can also modify it, I don't mind, but you will see that there are really a few mods that are very unlikely to affect this one).

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

DSystem

Had the same problem of ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦

Just rename the file modification.xml for Modification.xml

The problem was very simple but I lost a lot of time to figure out :)

Ninja ZX-10RR

??? ?! Indeed that worked :o I can't get the reason for that but... Well thanks, getting an error in the display template only now, pretty sure I can fix that on my own. Thanks a lot DSystem! Perhaps I can try this trick with the Forum Firewall mod as well...

Thanks for the help anyway Joker™, I'd suggest to investigate on this thing though XD

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Unixish systems (Linux, OS X) are case sensitive; Modification.xml and modification.xml are two quite different files there, but Windows wouldn't care.

Joker™

Quote from: DSystem on December 02, 2014, 07:48:05 PM
Had the same problem of ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦

Just rename the file modification.xml for Modification.xml

The problem was very simple but I lost a lot of time to figure out :)
Lol, Joker hides somewhere in a corner :-[

Thanks for pointing that out, will be fixing it soon.

Quote from: Arantor on December 02, 2014, 08:18:34 PM
Unixish systems (Linux, OS X) are case sensitive; Modification.xml and modification.xml are two quite different files there, but Windows wouldn't care.
I use OS X and this issue isn't reproducible on it
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Ninja ZX-10RR

I *think* he is talking about the server O.S. since I am on Windows? I could be wrong, though.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Well, yes, but I would presume Joker is using a MAMP server for testing, in which case I don't know why this wouldn't turn up before.

This is also why I explicitly use lower-case for all .xml files though, just to avoid this being an issue ;)

Joker™

Mod updated

Version 2.0.1
- Mofdification xml naming fix

Well I used OS X (yosemite) and windows 7 with XAMPP, and on both OS I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. Bu now going to be more careful in the future. Thanks everyone :)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Arantor

Testing it on Windows wouldn't tell you anything; Windows doesn't care about filename case, but if you tested it on a server running OS X, I'd have thought it would complain.

Joker™

Quote from: Arantor on December 02, 2014, 09:29:23 PM
Testing it on Windows wouldn't tell you anything; Windows doesn't care about filename case, but if you tested it on a server running OS X, I'd have thought it would complain.
Lol OS X seems to be drunk :P
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Ninja ZX-10RR

I'm in a hurry and can't post everything but I got an "8: Undefined index: cannot_can_solve_report" in Sources/Errors.php at string 204, it prevents me to actually solve the reports from their topics.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: