News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Membergroup Prefixes

Started by Suki, June 08, 2011, 03:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

Membergroup Prefixes

The Membergroup Prefixes modification allows administrators to set custom prefixes to member names belonging to a certain membergroup.

Created by Anthony`/Project Evolution.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Alderman

Great mod, really appreciate it.
However, would it be possible to have an option on the profile summary and board views to have the prefix show after the name?

Dream of Omnimaga

This is nice. Do you know any alternatives for SMF 1.1.13 by the way? Else, I guess I could maybe attempt modifying it for it, if the code is not too huge.

ascaland

Quote from: Alderman on June 08, 2011, 08:46:47 PM
Great mod, really appreciate it.
However, would it be possible to have an option on the profile summary and board views to have the prefix show after the name?

It should already be available in the profile summary (according to first picture on the mod page), and the board prefix I guess will be included in the next version.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 09, 2011, 05:28:37 PM
This is nice. Do you know any alternatives for SMF 1.1.13 by the way? Else, I guess I could maybe attempt modifying it for it, if the code is not too huge.

No I dont sorry. :/

RvG

IDunc

This is a great mod, but how can I make it so I can give my users the option to have custom prefixes? Like, I want certain membergroups to be able to type in what they want as their prefix in their profile settings.

Alderman

Would be great to have an option to select if its a prefix or a suffix. If I had a suffix I would love this mod and use it right away! Good work!

ascaland

Quote from: IDunc on June 18, 2011, 06:43:52 PM
This is a great mod, but how can I make it so I can give my users the option to have custom prefixes? Like, I want certain membergroups to be able to type in what they want as their prefix in their profile settings.

Seems like a different sort of mod that could be made. My intention was just to have pre-selected prefixes. I may decide to do it if I have the time though.

Quote from: Alderman on June 18, 2011, 10:53:56 PM
Would be great to have an option to select if its a prefix or a suffix. If I had a suffix I would love this mod and use it right away! Good work!

A few could adjustments could make it a suffix, but as for an option I may do it (havnt decided).

IDunc

Quote from: Project Evolution on June 19, 2011, 05:49:11 PM
Quote from: IDunc on June 18, 2011, 06:43:52 PM

Seems like a different sort of mod that could be made. My intention was just to have pre-selected prefixes. I may decide to do it if I have the time though.

I would be very grateful if you were to make this mod. Here is a little more detail about what I am looking for: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=438774.0

Problem:
Here at yours everything is how it should be:

I got this Problem:

it doesnt show it :O

what can i do?

Suki

♠   do you still require assistance with this?

what it the exact problem you getting?
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Caltan

This mod prints the prefix successfully (and awesomely) in the separate Who's Online template, but not in the quick online users view in the Info Center BoardIndex.template.  How can I make it print there, too?  I haven't been able to successfully track down the array.

Suki

Where exactly do you want to show the prefixes ?

Caltan

In the Info Center on the front page of the forum, "users online in the past 15 minutes".

Suki

It can be done, however, it would take several edits on Subs-MembersOnline.php  file,  I may as well update this mod and add support for the members on line function.

I tracked this so I don't forget about it:  http://missallsunday.com/issue.11.0/

Caltan

Thanks!  I'm comfortable making edits, but I couldn't track down what to edit because I didn't know the function name. :)  Much appreciated!

dead fury

I have SMF 2.0. I have the theme's Glacier 2 and Glacier 1. I have tried to install MemberGroup Icon's created by Joker, and Membergroup Prefix's. Neither of them work on my theme's. They only work on the defult theme and I mean really who use's that theme anymore..

Can someone help me put crown's next to the user name and put a usergroup legend on my forum's? I really need help with this..

Suki

you will need to apply the mod's code to your theme's template files.

Manual Installation of Mods

dead fury

last time I did that i had to delete my smf and re install it .... Can't you fix it or something?

Advertisement: