News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

2.0 Final has been released

Started by Norv, June 11, 2011, 07:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richboy

Congratulations to all you guys, and all of those who contributed!

Stormfront

I am very happy SMF 2.0 Final  :P
Bulgarian nationalist forum http://www.forum.bg-nacionalisti.org/index.php SMF 2.0.1 Final

werollhard

need to be upgraded.  anyone willing to do it for a little money or the satisfaction of helping someone out?

thanks

IchBin™

werollhard, please post in the help wanted board. This is not a support topic. It's for the announcement of SMF2.0 final.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

werollhard

will do.  sorry about that. (let me know if you want to help out)

ModelBoatMayhem

That's my firm opinion.... but what do I know?!

Gary

Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Alex' Manson

A Warning to SMF and their devs/admins!
we are ready to make a revolution and kick ya out for the babylon theme! so beware ! XP
and yes, babylon is pretty and simple i like it, don't know why they didn't upgrade it :(

Angelina Belle

All that is needed is a volunteer willing to do the job, and time to do it.
Anyone could do it, and post it somewhere at simplemachines.org.

Would that be you?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: Sisko Punk on August 10, 2011, 06:23:01 PM
A Warning to SMF and their devs/admins!
we are ready to make a revolution and kick ya out for the babylon theme! so beware ! XP
and yes, babylon is pretty and simple i like it, don't know why they didn't upgrade it :(
It wouldn't be that hard. Besides, we already have core theme together. That's a good start. Just go further and make necessary updates to your babylon theme using core theme as the guide.  ;)

macjive01

Hello,

I recently set up a forum site with smf  2.0 , however two day later my smiley bar  and everything btw this comment box and the message icon box went pooof. Disappeared.

its really frustrating, albeit im a newbie, im sure i didnt make any alteration that could have caused that.

please what do i do.

pls could someone in the support team check out the site , and try making a comment on any topic   imostateforum.com [nofollow]

Thanks

best regards

Kindred

Please make your own post. This thread is not for support
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Shadow Queen

Yes, I have to say that. Im glad its out

Loveland

Quick question:  Is the final version of 2.0 the same as "2.0 Gold"?

I've been trying to download some mods and some of them say that they are only for "2.0 Gold", yet I cannot find a single reference to "2.0 Gold" on the site,

Thank you in advance.  :)

TheListener

Quote from: Loveland on September 11, 2011, 06:49:14 PM
Quick question:  Is the final version of 2.0 the same as "2.0 Gold"?

I've been trying to download some mods and some of them say that they are only for "2.0 Gold", yet I cannot find a single reference to "2.0 Gold" on the site,

Thank you in advance.  :)

Quick answer is yes.

Matthew K.

There was debate as to whether the final version would be named "SMF 2.0 Gold", "SMF 2.0 Final" or simply "SMF 2.0".

青山 素子

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on September 11, 2011, 09:55:59 PM
There was debate as to whether the final version would be named "SMF 2.0 Gold", "SMF 2.0 Final" or simply "SMF 2.0".

Final implies it's the last ever release. Probably a bad thing, and one of the reasons I'd try to avoid that term officially. Given the lack of point releases so far, it may just live up to the "final" name anyway.

Gold usually indicates (in the dev world) that it's the production-ready release. This is due to the old practice of burning a master CD for duplication on special CD media (Kodak used to make it, instead of a green layer, it was gold).

Simply "2.0" is fine for version numbering as that's what it is.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Quexinos

Hey guys, just wanted to say awesome job on an awesome software.  I love SMF.  You guys are the best ^_^

JhonOrton

Hi Sir,

Congratulation..|:") Thanks  for releasing SMF 2.0 Final version. I hope it will go to top. All the Best.

Advertisement: