Advertisement:

Author Topic: Upgrading 1.14 to 2.0 error: Unknown column 'addDeny' in 'field list'  (Read 2846 times)

Offline Trenchwork

  • Semi-Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 14
Hi, folks--
I could use a hand, I'm afraid.  I'm upgrading from the last 1.x (1.14) to 2.0 using the Large Update package.  I unzipped and uploaded the files, and ran upgrade.php.

It goes through everything fine, then after the backup and database change steps have been made, stops at a white screen with this error message:

: Unknown column 'addDeny' in 'field list'
my-forum-path/Sources/Load.php
739


I've tried starting from scratch and keep coming back to the same issue.  There are no modifications other than a few cosmetics (i.e., a banner). 

I'm guessing I need to change one file, but am clueless about where.  I've tried searching the boards and can't see a clear answer.

Can anyone help?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 03:51:36 AM by Trenchwork »

Offline Illori

  • Doc Coordinator
  • SMF Master
  • *
  • Posts: 36,735
have you run upgrade.php?

Offline Trenchwork

  • Semi-Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 14
Yes.  :-)  (See the steps in the earlier message.)

Offline Illori

  • Doc Coordinator
  • SMF Master
  • *
  • Posts: 36,735
sounds like the script did not complete correctly, can you try running it again? upload that file and the upgrade sql files to your server and try again? i have done the same upgrade [1.1.13 to 2.0] with no problems yesterday.

Offline Trenchwork

  • Semi-Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 14
I've actually done that . . . twice.  But I'm willing to try it one more time while you all brainstorm other solutions.   ;)

Offline Trenchwork

  • Semi-Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 14
Nope--still dead ends at the same error message.

Offline Trenchwork

  • Semi-Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 14
Ok, folks, I've marked this one as solved, thanks to some invaluable help from another member.

However, language issues ARE a problem, and that will need to be addressed at some point.  While I don't know why the error was occurring, I do  know there was a hiccup with the language, and it may be that those of us who use other languages are catching an unexpected bug here.  I've manually uploaded the different language packs required by the membership, and the utf8 English so they have their choice again, but can't do much about the Norwegian characters in previous posts which are now replaced with gibberish.  I can manually edit the important pages/posts to fix that, but I'm guessing this is an issue which won't be eliminated until the languages are incorporated into the install/upgrade . . .