News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Bug in post indicators for recycle bin

Started by Douglas, June 13, 2011, 02:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Douglas

When you click on MARK READ, it actually sets them as new topics so the new post indicators don't go away.

This is done after the posts are removed.  Click on "MARK READ" and the "new posts" indicator comes on and doesn't go away.

2.0 Gold, only one mod installed (Twitter integration).
Using quick checkboxes for moderation. No errors in error log
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

emanuele

The problem is that when the topic is moved to the recycle board, maxMsgID is updated to the last message id excluding the recycle board, so when the mark as read button is used in the recycle board before another post is made, the recycle board is marked as unread.

The question is why the maxMsgID is changed when a post is deleted?
It's almost useless because anyway the new id_msg (and so id_last_msg) will always be higher then the previous one...am I wrong?

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Illori

this is still happening? should this be tracked if so?

emanuele

Bump to get opinions in order to avoid break anything...more than I usually do! :P

So a fix would be to remove the change of maxMsgID when a post is deleted and including the recycle board in the counts of mark as read.

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Spuds

I honestly don't know ... seems worrisome to me  :-X 

Would really need to look at the code to see how and where that is used.  Maybe someone familiar with that one can comment on how that var is used. 

Arantor

Advertisement: