News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Theme Color Editor

Started by CyberAlien, June 21, 2011, 07:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyberAlien

This is not a proper theme release, this is a release of online color scheme editor. It can change color scheme of almost any SMF 2.0 theme (and themes for some other software packages).

It is a visual editor: just move sliders to change colors, click "download" button. No need to edit any files, no need to know anything about web design.

Some color variations of Curve theme for SMF 2.0 Gold (click sample image to see editor):

Curve Green:

Curve Dark Blue:

Curve Gray / Red:

Click "Download" button below color editor to download those themes.

You can create almost any color scheme, except for ones that cannot be achieved via color manipulation, such as turning white theme into black.

SMF theme designers are welcome to upload their own themes. To upload a theme, navigate to SMF 2.0 category and click "upload" button on the right. Make sure your theme has a live demo before submitting it.

MrGrumpy

Looks like a great tool enabling people with limited skills to produce a color theme to their preference, well done.
the possession of knowledge is worthless unless imparted upon others
My Custom Themes
2.0 themes only - I don't do 1.1.x

CyberAlien

Thank you.

Its not only for users, it is also for designers. Visitors are often looking for theme that matches their website's color scheme. You can offer more color schemes of your themes to your customers, which will help you get more customers.

Robert.

Great to see it for SMF too now :) I already knew about PhpBB and VB but it's really great it's for SMF too  now :)

Antechinus

Arrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ;D

Prediction: we will now see a plethora of mindless "Curve variants" flooding the Customize team's backlogs and making the Theme Site even more full of the things than it is now.

MrGrumpy

Just don't accept damn lazy color filtered custom themes
My Custom Themes

Antechinus

Well yeah, but they don't contravene the approval guidelines. I do think we should definitely enforce having all of them by any author on the one page, so people don't churn them out just to say "Look how many themes I've made".

MrGrumpy

Well as there is now a color converter there's no need to accept any curve variants that are just color filtered.
My Custom Themes

Antechinus

Hmm. Good point. I like the way you think. ;D

MrGrumpy

Well heres another for you, move this topic to main graphics board, sticky it, retitle it a bit  - "Curve Theme Color Editor" and people can find it easy and go make there own.

Stop filter variants and help members to help themselves and cut down on support for "how to re-color curve"
My Custom Themes

vbgamer45

CyberAlien does great work. I have bought of his stuff over the years including the sites phpbbhs.com and some of style management tools for the old sebflipper scripts. Glad to see you are around.

I will be using this tool or suggesting people to use it xD If you ever do licensing or something would be interested in it as well. Edit: I see the integrations options gotta have to take a look at that looks very well designed.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Antechinus

Quote from: MrGrumpy on June 21, 2011, 08:18:07 PM
Well heres another for you, move this topic to main graphics board, sticky it, retitle it a bit  - "Curve Theme Color Editor" and people can find it easy and go make there own.

Stop filter variants and help members to help themselves and cut down on support for "how to re-color curve"

Now that's using your head. I might run that idea past the rest of the crew.

MrGrumpy

Saves having to explain about how to download image editors, where to find the image, how to download/upload, what a sprite is etc etc when it does take some effort to learn all that when they can just pop along and move a few sliders, click a button and hey presto themes done and ready to install
My Custom Themes

CyberAlien

Thank you for excellent feedback!

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 21, 2011, 08:18:34 PM
I will be using this tool or suggesting people to use it xD If you ever do licensing or something would be interested in it as well. Edit: I see the integrations options gotta have to take a look at that looks very well designed.
Its fully functional and is currently working on phpbb.com. Here is an example (click "change colours" button): http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/prosilver_special_edition/

Yes please  ;D

Akyhne

Not bad at all. Tried it on my Yabb SE Next Gen theme:

Antechinus

Right. This is getting stickied, and from now on the Customize team isn't interested in approving any default theme variants that are just basic colour fillter jobs.

CyberAlien

Thank you.

There is a error in default Curve theme: images/im_switch.gif is incomplete. File ends in middle of local palette block, which shouldn't even be there considering that image is not animated. I've replaced it with a fixed file in style on colorizeit.

MrGrumpy

Topic would be better retitled to make it clearer to members exactly what it is.
My Custom Themes

CyberAlien

Its not only for Curve theme, it works with all themes, so changing it to "Curve Theme Color Editor" would be incorrect.

Advertisement: