News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Theme Color Editor

Started by CyberAlien, June 21, 2011, 07:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyberAlien

Its a bug that sometimes happens with WebKit browsers. Ajax requests just time out without even connecting to server. I'm working on a workaround for this issue, but it will take a while. Until then you can try Firefox, Opera or IE9.

helike13

If it is a browser-related bug, I will try it with another browser.

Thank you.

CyberAlien

I have a request for people who had that Safari/Chrome bug: can you please try editing themes again and tell me if bug is fixed?

I've changed algorithms a bit, but unfortunately that bug never happens to me, so I'm not sure if it fixed that bug.

teh_Krall

Quote from: CyberAlien on June 21, 2011, 07:52:44 AM

You can create almost any color scheme, except for ones that cannot be achieved via color manipulation, such as turning white theme into black.

Awesome 'mod'!

n00b question though, what disallows you from being able to modify the white background color?

CyberAlien

Add it to editor and change.

Problem with black/white colors is they don't have hue component, so there isn't much to change and often results are rather ugly. That's why it isn't in default editor settings. But you can add it by clicking "add another color" button.

rozer.ben0

it's seems pretty much for web developer because some time client demand to developer for only change colour of his site but he or she don't know that to change only colour  of his site the developer has to do all the task from the beginning same as to create new site and developer didn't get much payment so it is make costly for him so this the best thing for web developer and the site owner also happy that he could choose the by his own selection  8)       

Neverhurry

Hi, CyberAlien, can you please explain to me, how does this color editor work? I didn't get you. Thanks.
I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

CyberAlien

It changes colors in whole style using HSL color space.

If you have Photoshop, check out hue/saturation layer. Put it on top of all your layers, click "Master" selection box and select some color from list, change it. You'll notice that Photoshop will change that color and colors close to it in all layers.

That's exactly how this editor works. Even editor's default settings are adjusted to make it work exactly like hue/saturation layer in Photoshop. You select a color, change its hue component, editor changes that color in whole style: all css files and all images. Editor doesn't differentiate between different parts of forum, it changes all colors that match color you are changing.

I hope this helps.

timetraveller

I have uploaded a new colour set and it looks great, so thank you for this tool.

I have one missing graphic - it's the one for "very hot topic" - but only in the panel at the bottom of the board index and the panel under the " show unread posts" page.

CyberAlien

Its an unknown bug that affects only Curve theme. I'm not sure why and can't find it. It doesn't affect any phpBB styles or WordPress themes. I'm working on next version of editor, it has different parser that won't have that bug.

Solution: if image wasn't parsed correctly you should get original image, archive it in zip format, open colorizeit editor and use "colorize my files" option to change that image.

timetraveller

Just discovered a couple more missing graphics. One at the top of each page of a topic, to the left of the word author - not even sure what this graphic shows. And another on the member lists, the graphic for the people that are online.

Unfortunately I am very new to all this so I have no idea what files are doing these graphics.

rotor

Where's the download?
Cant see it anywhere .....

Ok found it .....  :-[

(that's cause its not a download but a link)

Ok - click on the bottom image in the first post ....

CyberAlien

I've applied some more bug fixes to parser engine. If you had problems with missing images, please check if new parser solved that problem.

timetraveller

Where would I find the parser? Do I have to do something fancy with it? ;)

CyberAlien

You won't. Its on server side, not available to anyone (yet). All you see is client interface that is a small part of script. See first post of this thread.

timetraveller

I might have to have some instructions to understand that  :(

Although I notice that one of the graphics is now appearing on my forum - that's the one to the left of the word "author" on the topic page.

The others are as before.

CyberAlien

Can you give a link to your forum so I could check?

timetraveller

Just realised what the graphic is for the left of author and again - when it needs to be "very hot topic" it doesn't show. So probably no change from before.

CyberAlien

Advertisement: