SMF Theme Color Editor

Started by CyberAlien, June 21, 2011, 07:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davispolk

I am using this tool right now, The result was so amazing..

user3726

can someone please tell me where I can download this?
Thanks!

CyberAlien

Download what? Style? Change colors, look below editor and you'll see "Download" button.

timetraveller

Quote from: CyberAlien on January 23, 2012, 01:51:33 PM
It is caused by bug in SMF, here is a fix for it: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=465882.msg3254680#msg3254680
Apply that small change to php code, upload style again.

Is this what I need to do too?

CyberAlien

If you want to install style by uploading zip file via admin control panel, then yes.

timetraveller

What is the easiest way of fixing the image problems? I have no clue about coding but if the instructions are simple enough I can follow them ;)

timetraveller

So I just remove that line (the one starting with if) and that's all?

timetraveller

Thank you. Will give it a go when my forum is a bit quieter and report back ;)

impreza

This is great, just a pity that a lot of editing a single button you can not edit each item individually - this is a great challenge
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

gemipit

I need help, I used the color editor and got the files.  But when I upload it using the SMF admin panel the forum looks like the attached image.  Has anyone seen this or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

oz10

Anyone help?
I tried to make it a purple and downloaded the zip, but when I try to upload to my smf it says"

An Error Has Occurred!
Package upload failed due to the following error:
"The package was downloaded to the server but it appears to be empty. Please check the "Packages" directory and the "Temp" sub-directory are both writeable. If you continue to experience this problem, you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a sub-directory in your "Packages" directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz, you should:
1. Download the package to your local PC and extract the files.
2. Using an FTP client, create a new directory in your "Packages" directory (in this example call it "shout").
3. Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4. Go back to the Package Manager browse page and the package should be automatically found by SMF."

adivol

After reading the thread I am curious to know how it works. It's only a color editor or we can do customization too.

Gary

It's only a colour editor, you can't manually edit the source code with this tool. You'll need to use a text editor for that.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

krick

Is there an easy way to invert the stock Curve theme colors before tweaking it?

I want white text on a black background with green as the dominant color like the joomla template on this site...

http://www.tankadin.com/

I made an SMF 1.1.x theme with that color scheme years ago, but it took forever.

michaeljp

Quote from: CyberAlien on June 21, 2011, 07:52:44 AM
This is not a proper theme release, this is a release of online color scheme editor. It can change color scheme of almost any SMF 2.0 theme (and themes for some other software packages).

It is a visual editor: just move sliders to change colors, click "download" button. No need to edit any files, no need to know anything about web design.

Some color variations of Curve theme for SMF 2.0 Gold (click sample image to see editor):

Curve Green:
hxxp:www.colorizeit.com/styles/smf-20-themes/216.smf-curve.html#H67b8ea2M1h32O%7CH6fd9604M1H0uO%7CH6f5f5f0M1H0fO [nonactive]

Curve Dark Blue:
hxxp:www.colorizeit.com/styles/smf-20-themes/216.smf-curve.html#H67b8ea2M1h5vs2cO%7CH6fd9604M1h63H0uO%7CH6f5f5f0M1H0fO [nonactive]

Curve Gray / Red:
hxxp:www.colorizeit.com/styles/smf-20-themes/216.smf-curve.html#H67b8ea2M1l1qs00O%7CH6fd9604M1h4sH0uO%7CH6f5f5f0M1H0fO [nonactive]

Click "Download" button below color editor to download those themes.

You can create almost any color scheme, except for ones that cannot be achieved via color manipulation, such as turning white theme into black.

hxxp:www.colorizeit.com/styles/smf-20-themes/216.smf-curve.html [nonactive]

SMF theme designers are welcome to upload their own themes. To upload a theme, navigate to hxxp:www.colorizeit.com/browse/24/smf-20-themes.html [nonactive] and click "upload" button on the right. Make sure your theme has a live demo before submitting it.

I am so sorry. I am a real beginner at this and I couldn't even follow your instructions, as easy as it sounded, I couldn't even find the sliders to change colours! I wanted my background to be black and then the category titles to be in red.  Do you think you would have the time to tell me step by step? I also wanted to change that 'My Community' title that is in the top left, can I change that title? You seem so well learned about all this stuff, I am new here and look forward to being educated by you all. If possible, can I change the URL name of my forum do think?  Look forward to your reply.

LindaHT

Ohhhhh geeze we have been worrying ourself sick over this problem.  We have SMF 2.0.2 Core theme.  We know how to change our header, but we having been worrying ourselves sick over trying to change the background colors that would match the header at least some.
How do I get this to work and what do I have to do to get it and get it to work???? We are desperate, we do not know anything about coding or anything.
When you download it how do you install in your forum? Through admin install?
Many thanks
Linda

Boogalou99

CyberAlien,

Have you seen the tool at the SMFHacks website? The link to it on their website is on their sidebar menu, and it is labeled "Theme Generator". You can work your way through it selecting the colors for all of the different parts of the page, along with supplying image filenames, and then it will generate a "style.css" file that you can apply to your forum.

If you haven't seen it you should check it out.

Antechinus

Quote from: LindaHT on October 22, 2012, 02:52:38 PM
Ohhhhh geeze we have been worrying ourself sick over this problem.  We have SMF 2.0.2 Core theme.  We know how to change our header, but we having been worrying ourselves sick over trying to change the background colors that would match the header at least some.
How do I get this to work and what do I have to do to get it and get it to work???? We are desperate, we do not know anything about coding or anything.
When you download it how do you install in your forum? Through admin install?
Many thanks
Linda

Don't worry yourself sick over stuff like this. It's not worth it. :)

The editor mentioned in the OP here is an online app. You don't download the editor itself. What you do is upload a theme to it, edit the colours, then download the edited theme as a zip. That is then installed to your forum via the admin themes page. If the online editor will give you a result you like, I'd definitely use it. If it wont, you have other options.

Do note that there are already quite a few colour variations of the 1.1.x Core theme, which uses the same images as the 2.0.x version. These are just image and css packs that can be exchanged for the defaults. You could use the images directly in 2.0.x, but the css would stll have to be edited manually, if you chose that route. If you need help with any code edits, people are usually happy to provide advice and/or help.

Advertisement: