Separation between posts

Started by Uzbekistan, July 30, 2005, 08:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uzbekistan

Hi everyone!

You the only thing i start to dislike about smf's default theme (and most others) is a separation between posts. You know... it looks flat! It may be just me got used to vB layout. But i believe there is a way to adapt it. Could tell me what should i edit to add some spacing between posts, or to highlight the signature or member name fields of the post? So that there is a distinction between posts.

Regards

Ivan Minic

Be more specific how you want it to be done, there are some ready made hacks, maybe one would work for you

Uzbekistan

I mean the separation between my post and your reply is a different shade of posts and thin white line on this web-site (it doesn't exist on a default theme). I would like to add a similar line to my template as well as probably highlight the "Re: " area (with the button "Quote") with different color. Also I want to change the bg color of posts/replies.
I believe it is possible through Template Management, but can you tell me more exactly where i can do it?

Envy

I had the same issue with the default template. There are some templates out there which actually put an empty space between replies, or you can have a look at the fantastic guide in this thread : http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=16218.0

Comes with pictures that tells you what each part of the .css file changes. I think you would want  horizontal rule and .windowbg / .windowbg2

Uzbekistan

Wow envy! Thx for this advice! Appreciate - really helpful.

Advertisement: