1.0.4 upgrade to 1.0.5 not happening

Started by gadjtguy, July 31, 2005, 11:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gadjtguy

Hi all,

I downloaded the upgrade.ZIP [nofollow] file. Extracted to my local hard drive. Uploaded to my site using FTP. But when Internet Explorer can't open the upgrade.php.  All permissions are enabled for that file. And I see it listed in the forum folder by using my FTP program.

Whats up?

Now, must admit, I did preciously download the 'upgrade.zip' file instead of the 'update.zip'. That was fully downloaded to my forum before I relaized I grabbed the wrong file.  Would that have anything to do with this?

Thanks
Totally new to forum creating....  Noob, newbie, whatever. But if you can help, I can be taught...

Oldiesmann

The only difference between the "update" and "upgrade" packages is that the "upgrade" package includes every file that would be found in a normal SMF install, while the "update" package just includes the files that have changed since 1.0 Final was released. What happens when you try to open upgrade.php in IE?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

gadjtguy

I get the 404 file not found error. Let me try again this morning.. . . . . . Yup same thing. 

Now I'll go into my FTP program and make the file is there. Yup, sittin' right there with all of permissions enabled.

The readme.html file opens. just not the php files.
Totally new to forum creating....  Noob, newbie, whatever. But if you can help, I can be taught...

[Unknown]

Have yuo contacted your host?  Are you certain you're uploading it to the right place?

Does the forum still work?

-[Unknoen]

Advertisement: