[Paid/FREE]Censored Words mod?

Started by fmben, July 04, 2011, 11:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fmben

currently, the smf Censored Words function will apply to both title and body.

Can someone help to develop a mod to make this apply to body only, because i don't want to use Censored Words for title.

Thanks.

vbgamer45

What SMF version? And just don't censor titles of topics? that seems easy just remove the censortext call in a couple spots.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

fmben

the latest version.

smf2.0

Thanks.

Because i want to reverse some content in the body part, but i don't want to change it in title.

fmben

Matthew K.

As vbgamer said, it's pretty easy to do.
Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 04, 2011, 11:56:18 PM
What SMF version? And just don't censor titles of topics? that seems easy just remove the censortext call in a couple spots.
I'd do it, although right now I am not picking up free projects due to time.

fmben

fmben

fmben

hope someone can help with this, if it's simple.

Ricky.

JBlaze

If you're just looking to remove or replace certain content in the body of posts, then you can do a simple query in phpMyAdmin.

UPDATE `smf_messages` SET `body` = replace(body, 'CONTENT_TO_REPLACE', 'CONTENT_REPLACEMENT');
Replace CONTENT_TO_REPLACE with the string/content you wish to remove/replace, and replace CONTENT_REPLACEMENT with the content you wish to change it to, or just leave it blank to remove the content.

Example:
UPDATE `smf_messages` SET `body` = replace(body, 'foo', 'bar');

Example of removing:
UPDATE `smf_messages` SET `body` = replace(body, 'foo', '');

As always, make a database backup before running these queries.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

fmben

Thanks JBlaze, but i need each new post and old posts apply for the replacement, so i can't simply use sql to replace the words.

Ricky.

You don't need to edit SQL in this because SMF don't really modify post text and title .
I have already packed MOD for this.

handy1

I found lot of topics about this issue and I've read almost 2 days all kind of ideas to fix this. Does anyone ideas how to fix this in 2.0.6 version? Cencor only in body, no anything else. It sounds easy, but is it?

handy1

Problems with regular word censor:

- It doesn't replace word by links in topic headers
- If someone quote your message where some word has already replaced with links, it messed everything when quoted message will be posted

So only chance to use regular word censor with links is original forum post, no anywhere else.

What I need:

- Word censor NOT replace words in topic headers or anywhere else than forum post body.
- Word censor NOT trying to replace words several times if someone quote your post. It should keep only the original replacement and not trying to replace words inside replace link etc

What I can give:

- Fixed amount of euros to the Paypal or Skrill

live627

I can do this for €20. I accept PayPal.

Advertisement: