News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

/facedesk .. smf 2 (importing smf 1 data to smf 2)

Started by jango, July 07, 2011, 12:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jango

Hi all,

I've finally decided to update from SMF 1.1.14 to SMF 2.0. So, I set up the site and got everything rolling without any problems, then started to import the data from the SMF 1 tables .. and here's where my problem is. Just so I can be clear I should say I have ONE database, and both site's data sits on the same database server while I cross things over.

Now for the meat of my post ..

The main problem I have is that the posts aren't displaying. I can see posts in the new tables (in _messages), and the subjects appear on the new site - but NOT the actual body of the post. Instead I get the message "This topic doesn't exist on this board". Now I'm a bit stuck ...

When checking the error log I'm getting ..
Quotehxxp:www.macksites.co.uk/gamebank2/index.php?topic=1065.msg2803 [nonactive]
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
2: max() [<a href='function.max'>function.max</a>]: Array must contain at least one element
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/fhlinux200/m/macksites.co.uk/user/htdocs/gamebank2/Sources/Display.php
Line: 840

• New site (not live yet) - hxxp:www.macksites.co.uk/gamebank2/index.php?action=forum [nonactive]
  • Existing site (live) - hxxp:www.macksites.co.uk/GameBank/index.php?action=forum [nonactive]

Any help here would be VERY welcome .. I'm slowly losing my mind staring blankly at phpmyadmin and the admin screens.

Hope I put this in the right forum. Thanks in advance!

Illori

have you run the upgrade.php script to upgrade your database?

jango

I wasn't aware there was an upgrade script .. you mean to upgrade from 1.1.14 to smf 2 on the same site?

Illori

jango

Oh, I thought you meant a script you run from the admin centre (like upgrades from 1.1.13 to 1.1.14 for example).

I'll give it a try and will post back with results .. thanks for the help.

jango

Seems to have worked just fine .. thanks very much :)

Advertisement: