News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[smf 2.0] Tagging Members

Started by bedeceived, July 10, 2011, 08:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

I have already said a tagging system for members will be in 2.1. Enotify is not a solution we are looking to integrate because of the performance issues it will generate.

Gryzor

Any ideas when 2.1 will be coming? :)

Arantor

When it's done, as ever. I do wish people wouldn't ask, especially as the current state of 2.1 in all it's glorious unpolished state can be played with...

Gryzor

The eternal discussion... :D Asking "when" doesn't necessarily equal "pushing". Just a timeframe, like "first half of 2014" or "end of 2014", even noncommittally, is enough... Because if nothing else, consider this: we're discussing/requesting a mod here for SMF 2.0.x, and you say, essentially, "don't bother, it'll be in 2.1 which may or may not be released this century... or the next" ;)

Arantor

And if you looked at the dev blog, plus the state of 2.1 and how fast things are going, you could probably guess for yourself what sort of timescale we're talking about...

Gryzor

Antes

Gryzor

Well, Nibogo's mod is available now :)

Why do you prefer/suggest the other one?

Antes

Quote from: Gryzor on April 08, 2014, 02:09:48 AM
Well, Nibogo's mod is available now :)

Why do you prefer/suggest the other one?

Its personal recommendation, also an alternative to this modification. I find Dragooon's works better, but that doesn't mean Nibogo is bad coder. Just personal preferences. I don't want people to turn this into a personal likes/dislikes!

richwig83

Dragoons isnt released yet is it?

Nibogo

I also want to add that he confirmed to me that he hasn't used any of both. So indeed he did an strange preference over a product that he hasn't even tried nor tested.

Antes

Quote from: Nibogo on April 08, 2014, 07:04:36 AM
I also want to add that he confirmed to me that he hasn't used any of both. So indeed he did an strange preference over a product that he hasn't even tried nor tested.

That's a point of view, but why you keep focusing on single product I'm endorsing Dragooon, and if you keep that way I'll take some actions against your accusations over my personal choices... I thought i made clear that with you as much as I'm member of SM/SMF teams I'm also a forum admin and user.

Do not try to manipulate things and accuse me being unfair, we didn't block your topic or your entire sales on SMorg, we just moved it to where it belongs yet you want to play "you are being unfair against me" thing... I'm studying International Trade & Business, I know how to regulate the entire paid systematic. Not to mention you have to open your released paid product topic inside the board where it belong (it also has to be reviewed by us) you opened it to a board where no moderation applies and becomes public.

Antes

Gryzor

This is getting silly.

I have a B.Sc. Econ, an MBA and two Marketing postgrad degrees, and this doesn't make me any more capable of running a forum, much less give me the right to claim it does. I have no idea what went on behind the scenex, but this here doesn't seem right - I asked a question and you replied vaguely.

Now, if nothing else, I'd say that in a system with two competitors, someone in a position of power of influence like you recommending one product over the other without actually providing any details about how the opinion was formed is frowned upon - and indeed, in some cases is illegal. I guess you may have learned that in your degree studies.

Again, this is a bit silly...

Antes

Quote from: Gryzor on April 08, 2014, 07:43:44 AM
This is getting silly.

I have a B.Sc. Econ, an MBA and two Marketing postgrad degrees, and this doesn't make me any more capable of running a forum, much less give me the right to claim it does. I have no idea what went on behind the scenex, but this here doesn't seem right - I asked a question and you replied vaguely.

Did i say something about my studying making me admin? No, I think you need to read what i wrote again... I said I'm in position to make regulations on paid systematic. (But in truth I'm writing this because someone will come later and say "hey you are not the decision maker here!", decisions will be taken by SM/SMF teams!).

Now, if nothing else, I'd say that in a system with two competitors, someone in a position of power of influence like you recommending one product over the other without actually providing any details about how the opinion was formed is frowned upon - and indeed, in some cases is illegal. I guess you may have learned that in your degree studies.

Again, this is a bit silly...

Also in some cases it becomes government policy, but in which cases? ;) SMorg has no team rule about "you can't endorse someone in public", I think i shouldn't write someone's entire CV when i endorse that person in public, its my endorsement and its users/customers responsibility to research his/her background right? I told that before do not try to drag team into this, keep it in personal level (yet it seems you like to keep that way). Also we are recommending/linking some of Nibogo's product time to time (when his modification covers the needs of our users), did we used that? Maybe yes maybe no, but the point is that wasn't a problem to him because we were partly endorsing / recommending his work in public. But when it comes to competition it becomes unfair? Please correct if you see any official tweet, fb post, g+ post, blog post about that? But you never think that I may choose Dragooon's coding skills over Nibogo's (is it looks unfair? I don't think so).

Plus if i need to tell you about some stuff about him; please take a look at here and here

Nibogo

Quote from: Antes on April 08, 2014, 07:30:19 AM
That's a point of view, but why you keep focusing on single product I'm endorsing Dragooon, and if you keep that way I'll take some actions against your accusations over my personal choices... I thought i made clear that with you as much as I'm member of SM/SMF teams I'm also a forum admin and user.

LOL man, accusing me of what? You cannot say I'm lying or anything like it. All I've said here is truth, you did not tested any of them, and you were obviously trying to take potential customers of me elsewhere doing a recommendation about something thay you did not tried. I'll just leave this here, I don't want to make this simple mod request thread a battle.

Thanks Gryzor, I saw you got the mod, hopefully it's going to be useful for you :)

richwig83

Ive got to say... after paying for and installing Nibogos mod... if Dragoons is as it states and look, IMO it will be the better mod.

Nibogo

Quote from: richwig83 on April 08, 2014, 08:43:44 AM
Ive got to say... after paying for and installing Nibogos mod... if Dragoons is as it states and look, IMO it will be the better mod.

From what I can see the major difference is that he adds an area in profile where you can view where you were tagged while I prefer the alerts system. In this case it's a personal choice, two ways of implementing the same. I may add something for forums without the alerts system in 1.1.

richwig83

Quote from: Nibogo on April 08, 2014, 09:02:51 AM
Quote from: richwig83 on April 08, 2014, 08:43:44 AM

From what I can see the major difference is that he adds an area in profile where you can view where you were tagged while I prefer the alerts system. In this case it's a personal choice, two ways of implementing the same. I may add something for forums without the alerts system in 1.1.

That would be perfect and the icing on the cake, to an otherwise really good mod  ;)

PM notification is fine... but its not the 'perfect' solution in my opinion.

Advertisement: