News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Error msg - 8: Undefined index: max_signatureLength

Started by fractal_moonshine, July 16, 2011, 01:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fractal_moonshine

Clueless n00b here. I've just taken over hxxp:mdallas.net/forum/ [nonactive] from the person who installed the forum. I upgraded from 1.14 to 2.0 Wednesday. I looked at the error log for the first time today. I saw a couple hundred of these that have occurred since the upgrade:

Quote8: Undefined index: max_signatureLength
File: (cut path)/Themes/default/languages/Profile.english.php (eval?)
Line: 44

I looked at that file. Line #44 reads: $txt['hidden'] = 'hidden'; Line #42 reads $txt['max_sig_characters'] = 'Max characters: %1$d; characters remaining: ';

I don't see any problem with performance on the forum. If I hadn't looked at the error log, I wouldn't have noticed it. Is it something I need to fix?

Kermit

AdminCP -> Server Settings -> Disable evaluation of templates

Enable this option and check the error log again
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

fractal_moonshine

Thanks. I did that. I still get the error, but the
Quote(eval?)
at the end of the file name is gone. Now it says

Quote8: Undefined index: max_signatureLength

File: /home/(username)/public_html/forum/Themes/default/languages/Profile.english-utf8.php
Line: 44

with the file path hotlinked to a graphic highlighting line 44, which has different text now (below). I've attached a screen shot.

==>44: $txt[664] = 'Max ' . $modSettings['max_signatureLength'] . '; characters remaining: ';

Kermit

I guess your site was before 1.x (you already stated that it was 1.1.14 before :P) and this mod was has been installed before

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=528

you can delete all related things about this mod manually,check here

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=528;attach=169889;smf_version=1.1.14
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Advertisement: