Removing mods that are database driven

Started by mudfan13, August 02, 2005, 11:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudfan13

Hello, I asked over at phpBB but they weren't too much help.

I'm currently running off of a phpBB with a few mods installed. I want to convert to SMF though, since from what I've seen it's much better than phpBB. I tried but I got errors, and from searching this forum I learned all mods must be removed from your forum. But a specific mod that I have installed in my phpBB is the problem I believe, and it's database driven and almost impossible to remove by hand because it's the custom title mod, which modified every user in the user table to allow them to input custom titles. So is there any way to remove these database driven mods, without having to edit each user?

[Unknown]

Quote from: mudfan13 on August 02, 2005, 11:46:32 PM
I learned all mods must be removed from your forum.

Not always, but sometimes.  Can you tell me:
  - what version of SMF you're trying to convert to.
  - what converter you used (for 1.0, it should be phpbb2_to_smf.php; for 1.1, convert.php and phpbb2_to_smf.sql.)
  - what errors you got during the conversion.
  - what mods you have installed.

QuoteSo is there any way to remove these database driven mods, without having to edit each user?

Yes, but that may not be necessary.  Do you know what change it made, exactly, or can you give me a link to the mod?

-[Unknown]

mudfan13

-The SMF version is SMF 1.0.3

-I used the phpbb2_to_smf.php converter

-It seemed pretty much successfull, except a few 'failed' notings (I'll reply with the exact errors if needed), but when I went to my forum that should have been converted, it didn't show any users. Where it should have showed the total number of registered users, it was just blank, and when you viewed topics, where the poster's name should be, is blank.

-I installed the 'custom title hack' from phpbbhacks (link: hxxp:phpbbhacks.com/download/1178 [nonactive]). You run an SQL file which edits your user's table as well as other tables, after you install the mod.

I also have EasyMOD and Quick Reply mods installed, but I don't think they're the problems, I could be wrong though.

------

I'm pretty sure this mod is the reason because the only problem in the converted version of SMF are the users, and there are no other mods which affect the users' table.

mudfan13

Well go ahead and tell me my other options, so I can get this over with please :). Like you said;

QuoteSo is there any way to remove these database driven mods, without having to edit each user?

Yes, but that may not be necessary.

[Unknown]

The exact errors would be extremely helpful.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: