Choose membergroup during registration mod required.

Started by CS @ Gather, July 27, 2011, 02:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CS @ Gather

Hey all!

I've checked out the most relevant mod for my needs but's not compatible with SMF 2.0; no matter what I add/edit I cannot get any current mod to adapt to the new SMF.

Is there anything in the pipeline for this idea, or can some SMF expert help me out?

Thank you and God bless you.

CS

CS @ Gather

Is there anything at all that I can use and edit for this request, or possibly someone who can help me? Or is this something that can't be easily achieved within SMF 2.0?

CS

becometa

the only one i know is paid...
in my opinion it's to expensive, but... ah, nevermind

CS @ Gather

Thank you for your reply, but yeah, that's far too expensive in my opinion, if not plain greedy! Which might explain why the paid mods have virtually zero downloads. If it was $10 and 100% reliable I'd buy it.

So the mod exists, surely someone here can help me out?

Thank you and God bless you

CS   

live627

I thought it was at 10 dollars. I corrected that.

CS @ Gather

Quote from: live627 on July 29, 2011, 11:28:37 PM
I thought it was at 10 dollars. I corrected that.

Joinable Groups on your site still states $20. If you can sell the mod for $10 then I'm interested.

Exactly how do the selected membergroups display? I'll tell you what I need and then you can tell me if this mod is suitable: basically I'm running new forums that have private boards for both boys and girls. Access is granted via a boy/girl membergroup. Obviously if a new member cannot choose their group during registration then they cannot see the private boards; I have to find out their gender (or wait for a request) and then manually input their details, which is cumbersome and unprofessional. I want to be able to add an option within the registration that allows the registrant to choose 'boy' or 'girl' and have them automatically put into the respective group.

Sorry for the elaboration, but I don't want to pay for something that doesn't fit my exact requirements.

CS

AD/vh

There is a free mod that allows a user to give a password during signup and be assigned to a group, but it's not available for 2.0 yet as far as I know.  It also does some odd stuff behind the scenes, but with a little code-tweaking I was able to get it to install...  Provided the "passwords" are meant only to refer to a user choice rather than providing actual bulletproof security, this could be hooked up to a form select field on the Registration template for group assignment.  I'm planning to do something similar - haven't tested it yet, but the theory is sound.

Of course, none of this is helpful unless you or someone you know and TRUST can hack PHP and template code.  If not, you'd have to pay someone to make the changes.  I'm fairly certain that would cost more than $10.  ;)

...I'm actually surprised that this isn't a built-in feature; I've been using SMF and its predecessors for a decade now, and I've needed this functionality on EVERY board I've ever set up - and have to manually code the changes ahead of time.  I guess I just figured I was the only one who ever needed this...  I see that I was wrong.

live627

QuoteExactly how do the selected membergroups display?
The mod adds a list of the freely joinable membergroups to the registration page. The group that is chosen is then made the new member's primary group.

Screenshots attached!

CS @ Gather

Thanks for that, live627. :)

I've purchased your mod.

CS

cupboard

Is this mod still available? I could really use it but the above link just goes to a blank page. CS @ Gather, how did it perform?

Advertisement: